Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon RX 480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have something similar for HD4600?

Not that I'm aware of, I wish because I can only get 32 bit color with my Haswell i5 4690k and pentium g3258.

Well I have a new setup and been thinking to attempt the hackintosh thing again but was wondering if anyone here know if my hardware will be compatible for it.

CPU: i7-6700K
MOBO: EVGA Z270 Classified K
RAM: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB
GPU: XFX RX 480 RS 8GB GDDR5
SSD: PNY CS2111 XLR8 SSD 480GB

*Note*
Please note I posted here because I am wondering if the XFX RX 480 RS is compatible or if is only a selected few of RX 480 cards. The rest of the build I posted so that people can see were I am pairing it to. Thanks!

Last edited:
Well I have a new setup and been thinking to attempt the hackintosh thing again but was wondering if anyone here know if my hardware will be compatible for it.

CPU: i7-6700K
MOBO: EVGA Z270 Classified K
RAM: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB
GPU: XFX RX 480 RS 8GB GDDR5
SSD: PNY CS2111 XLR8 SSD 480GB

My Skylake i5 6500 build is the easiest to set up and reinstall.
Clover settings:
ACPI - null set ( optional USB fix and fix display).
Boot arg. - Null set
CPU Tuning - enable C6
Graphics Intel fake ID 0x19120003, ig 0a206080 (optional ATI fake ID 0x67EF1002 for RX 480)
Binaries- allow kext patches, kernel patches, and applertc, Fake cpuid 0x00000000
System parameters CIS active 0x67 , 0x28

It's almost automatic instal with Skylake for me, especially using clover. The main item in question would be the mobo, but if it has the normal options it should work.

My Skylake i5 6500 build is the easiest to set up and reinstall.
Clover settings:
ACPI - null set ( optional USB fix and fix display).
Boot arg. - Null set
CPU Tuning - enable C6
Graphics Intel fake ID 0x19120003, ig 0a206080 (optional ATI fake ID 0x67EF1002 for RX 480)
Binaries- allow kext patches, kernel patches, and applertc, Fake cpuid 0x00000000
System parameters CIS active 0x67 , 0x28

It's almost automatic instal with Skylake for me, especially using clover. The main item in question would be the mobo, but if it has the normal options it should work.

Oh okay great, I have a smaller 128GB SSD I want to attempt the install and see if I can make it work. Thank you for listing your settings. I am curious to see if everything works. I may end up placing a built thread here in the forum to keep track / record of the build.

I am curious, why use CIS active 0x67 , 0x28 instead of CIS active 0x3 , 0x28?

If you follow some of the instal guides lately the 0.3 is giving people problems, 0x67 is recommended to avoid Kernel panic.

I think Unibeast may use 0.3 because I usually get 0.67 using clover bootloaders.

If you follow some of the instal guides lately the 0.3 is giving people problems, 0x67 is recommended to avoid Kernel panic.

I think Unibeast may use 0.3 because I usually get 0.67 using clover bootloaders.

That is intriguing, 0x67 disables SIP completely, 0x3 has it mostly enabled, but allows unsigned kext to load. I have to use 0x67 to run apps like G.R.A.S.S. (A geo-mapping app).

Hi @Gigamaxx I didn't have the chance to work on it, thanks for the info and I did replaced my GPU because it was being pushed to hard for my monitor size. So got an NVIDIA gpu again to run my monitor better, so I will look around the site to see if any of these GPU are being run on not. Thanks again!

For some Reason my Mac OS X installer boots on an RX 480 with a picture with no IGPU involved. The card is an RX 480 Red Devil.

BTW I am installing Mac OS Sierra 12.3.2

Do you have acceleration? Go to the Apple on the top tool bar and select "About this Mac", then select "System Report" then select "Graphics Displays" check for metal supported status. If it doesn't have metal support you don't have acceleration and have default frame buffers. If you have metal support and no IGPU enabled it will boot to black screen.

RX 480 X2 i5 4690K 12.4 v7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back