Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Does it make all DisplayPort / HDMI ports work without WEG?

Right now I have only one DisplayPort port working, I disabled WEG to check for 5700 XT freezes

It should only address black screen. I don't think it enables ports.

I do not know if I use this. I am using the EFI build from this thread (Clover dGPU)

That EFI has two SSDTs. But you said you are not using any.

That's why I asked you to post your EFI, but you only posted your config.plist.

That EFI has two SSDTs. But you said you are not using any.

That's why I asked you to post your EFI, but you only posted your config.plist.
Here is my current Clover without WEG. I'm still getting freezes.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    26.5 MB · Views: 72
Here is my current Clover without WEG. I'm still getting freezes.

Please try this EFI.

Please disable any and all overclocks and XMP when testing stability.

You should also fix USB.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.1 MB · Views: 89
Please try this EFI.

Please disable any and all overclocks and XMP when testing stability.

You should also fix USB.
Thanks!
I tried your EFI without making any changes to my processor settings (XMP 1 and overclocking the processor to 4.5 GHz). My 5700 XT graphics card also hung for 15 minutes after turning on the computer.

Then I disabled the XMP profile in the BIOS. Set the frequency manually 2600 MHz. Everything else is automatic. I also disabled my i9 overclocking with always 4.5 GHz on the Auto BIOS (default) in the BIOS.

After that, I turned on again using your EFI (Mac Pro SMBios). My computer is not freezing. I also conducted a test through a video converter, which loads the system completely for about one hour, and for the first time I managed to pass it to the end without computer freezes.

I need extra time to make sure that the problem is actually in overclocking the processor or in the XMP profile. I will restart the computer and run a test where before my computer always crashed.

I have a few questions:

1. Which SMBIOS should I use? iMac 19.1 or Mac Pro 1.1. I would also like to know why it is better. Thank.
2. Is it worth it to use kext WEG in the future or not?
3. How can I measure the temperature of my 5700 XT on macOS? I installed hwmonitorsmc2, but it does not show data on the temperature of the video card and the fan speed.
4. How can I control the speed of the video card fans? My card is very hot, and the fans turn on late.

Thanks!
I tried your EFI without making any changes to my processor settings (XMP 1 and overclocking the processor to 4.5 GHz). My 5700 XT graphics card also hung for 15 minutes after turning on the computer.

Then I disabled the XMP profile in the BIOS. Set the frequency manually 2600 MHz. Everything else is automatic. I also disabled my i9 overclocking with always 4.5 GHz on the Auto BIOS (default) in the BIOS.

After that, I turned on again using your EFI (Mac Pro SMBios). My computer is not freezing. I also conducted a test through a video converter, which loads the system completely for about one hour, and for the first time I managed to pass it to the end without computer freezes.

I need extra time to make sure that the problem is actually in overclocking the processor or in the XMP profile. I will restart the computer and run a test where before my computer always crashed.

I have a few questions:

1. Which SMBIOS should I use? iMac 19.1 or Mac Pro 1.1. I would also like to know why it is better. Thank.
2. Is it worth it to use kext WEG in the future or not?
3. How can I measure the temperature of my 5700 XT on macOS? I installed hwmonitorsmc2, but it does not show data on the temperature of the video card and the fan speed.
4. How can I control the speed of the video card fans? My card is very hot, and the fans turn on late.

1. Please see my Z390 thread, post #3 (link is below in my signature) for info regarding which system definition to use. Personally, I use iMacPro1,1.

2. Generally, WhateverGreen is good. It does a lot of things to help get GPUs running right.

3. I don't know of any methods to enable temperature monitoring for Navi cards currently. I also do not have temperature monitoring for my Radeon VII.

4. I don't know of any methods to control the fans for Navi cards currently.

Also, please see the follow thread regarding overclock stability:

1. Please see my Z390 thread, post #3 (link is below in my signature) for info regarding which system definition to use. Personally, I use iMacPro1,1.

2. Generally, WhateverGreen is good. It does a lot of things to help get GPUs running right.

3. I don't know of any methods to enable temperature monitoring for Navi cards currently. I also do not have temperature monitoring for my Radeon VII.

4. I don't know of any methods to control the fans for Navi cards currently.

Also, please see the follow thread regarding overclock stability:
Thanks, for now I will stay on your EFI to test system stability.

If there are no freezes, I will test the BIOS settings with overclocking and XMP profile. I need to find out exactly what the matter is - in the XMP RAM or in my overclocked processor.

Thank!

Thanks, for now I will stay on your EFI to test system stability.

If there are no freezes, I will test the BIOS settings with overclocking and XMP profile. I need to find out exactly what the matter is - in the XMP RAM or in my overclocked processor.

Thank!
Sorry don't want to barge in on the conversation, but THIS LINK has the absolute best z390 overclock recommendations I've seen. I've had my i9-9900K overclocked to all cores at 5GHz running stable and cool (never above 82c with Kraken x72) if you do overclock I hope this site's suggestions on power help you out.

Sorry don't want to barge in on the conversation, but THIS LINK has the absolute best z390 overclock recommendations I've seen. I've had my i9-9900K overclocked to all cores at 5GHz running stable and cool (never above 82c with Kraken x72) if you do overclock I hope this site's suggestions on power help you out.

It doesn't exceed 82C on Prime95 small FTFs? But then the Kraken X72 is a pretty massive cooler...

I suspect that this is not about overclocking the processor, but in the XMP profile and that it was turned off in the Clover configurator.

I will check it today. It’s just that my overclocked processor worked correctly on Windows 10 in all stress tests.

Back