Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon HD 7670m and El Capitan (no HD4000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD Radeon HD 7670m and Intel HD 4000 El Capitan

Yes it works in 5xxx but with newer AMD cards El Capitan doesn't wake from sleep.

FYI the the 6800M series are rebadged 5800M series GPU's Juniper

7600M/7500M series are rebadged 6700M/6600M GPU's Turks

Turks is used AMDRadeonX3000.kext

You can install El Capitan if you wan't but sleep does not work with it on Radeon 7xxx. When you wake from sleep you end up with a black screen.
Hm, in this case I changed my mind, it's too risky to install it. I'd once just accidentally click on the sleep and won't wake from it. Well anyway, thanks for your responding.

Hm, in this case I changed my mind, it's too risky to install it. I'd once just accidentally click on the sleep and won't wake from it. Well anyway, thanks for your responding.

It won't break your laptop, you can just restart it. Also you can disable sleep if you wan't, so that you always have to shutdown.

Update your BIOS to latest version if you haven't yet, also post a link to what BIOS file you used and I'll extract Video BIOS from it.
I checked and wanted to update, but have noticed that I already have the latest one.
BIOS Version/Date: Insyde Corp. 6.60, 1/14/2013

Thanks! I'll try to check it as soon as possible. Btw, I can see in the clover's kexts folder that there isn't 10.11, so I have to add it there manually with some other kexts, right?

Thanks! I'll try to check it as soon as possible. Btw, I can see in the clover's kexts folder that there isn't 10.11, so I have to add it there manually with some other kexts, right?

Just use Clover/kexts/Other. It applies to all versions.

Hey there . I got something for you !

I've the same laptop and fully working 7670m graphics.I've tested in El Capitan it works well. Here are configs : http://www.mediafire.com/download/bodb2d6nqq4zfiw/CLOVER.rar

And also check this topic : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301324-toshiba-l855-14j-108x

Don't mind bother me if you got any question.

Good luck.
I've just tried it, correct me, if I am wrong. So, I made the bootable usb el capitan installer and after that I installed Clover EFI v2.3k r3333 on the usb, too. In the next step I replaced the CLOVER folder that's made by the clover efi installer with the one that you told me to download up on the link. I restart my PC, it boots into the clover boot menu, I select the capitan installer... ok. Then there's the white text... After it the apple logo with the progress bar appears and it stuck on that screen, it doesn't load anything, my flash drive isn't flashing anymore, so it's probably doing nothing. What could the problem be? Have I done something wrong? Or it's not the way it should be done?

That's the way it needs to be like I did it, isn't it? It's hard to do anything when I wait days for an answer :|

I've the same laptop and fully working 7670m graphics.I've tested in El Capitan it works well. Here are configs : http://www.mediafire.com/download/bodb2d6nqq4zfiw/CLOVER.rar
RehabMan, what do you think, I'd need just to copy this CLOVER folder to the flash drive in EFI and that's it? It seems to me like in that way... But if I do it like that, the progress bar isn't moving/loading with the apple logo when I start the installer :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back