CPU
i5
Graphics
HD 7400 Series
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone - New to Hackintosh, Clover, and well, everything, so I hope that my post is neither annoying nor misplaced.

The problem is that I am unable to get the Radeon HD 7400 Series (not the 7400m) to work correctly on my newly configured Hackintosh. Basically I get no graphics acceleration, a subpar resolution that's all stretched out and doesn't cover the entire screen, and the screen blinks and sputters during the login phase "animation".

I've followed Radeon compatibility guide and have tried many different FakeID hex patterns in my Clover config. The real ID is 0x677b. I know that my settings are going through because I see them change in the System Profiler, and when I put a hex ID that is too far removed, like from another generation of Radeon, my screen sputters and goes completely black.

Any ideas? I recognize that I'm probably not supplying enough information here, so please set me straight if need be.

I thank you in advance for any help!

Last edited:
@Johnnnny, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Sorry to come back to my own post, but I'm kind of stagnating here. Does anyone know if I'm not focused on the right element here? Like, instead of messing around trying to get my graphics card recognized as something else with the FakeID parameter, perhaps I should be trying something else? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Wanted to leave a final message for anyone finding this thread after scouring the Internet for hours. Maybe this graphics card works, but after a lot of effort, I wasn't able to do it and have ultimately given up. One thing that was troublesome in all of these searches is that the "7400 series" seems almost inexistant. Lots of references around the web to "7400m" (which appears to be the mobile version of this card, but none that talk about the desktop version. Anyway, hope you have better luck than I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back