Contribute
Register

AMD R9 380 Fan Speed Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. First of all I'm sorry for my terrible english.
I can not adjust the fan speed of my display card.
I tried vBios, but I did not try to risk it again.
The fan speed does not appear in the HWMonitor program and I can not change it.

I'm waiting for your help, thank you.

Ekran Resmi 2018-03-24 01.32.35.png
Ekran Resmi 2018-03-24 01.32.44.png

Hi, same issue in my hack an a flashed XRX Radeon RX 460 Dual Dispansion 2 GB GDDR5. It's not an issue of the VBIOS, as it runs quiet on a Windows 10 partition. I also noticed the fans run quietly in Safe Mode, so I suspect Kexts (I've already did a research on most current FakeSMC.kext, Lilu and Whatevergreen.kext, no improvement after that), but I'll try to reflash it with edited fan profile anyway and post the result.

So now I know reflashing won't do the trick. It only caused me other issues. The question is, what to verify then...

Last edited:
I sorted out my issue with loud fans with the extended verion of Polaris Bios Editor and reflashing the GPU with the BIOS with correctly modified fan paramaters that match the stock profile of the XFX card. I still see no fan speeds, but for me the subject is closed.

I think when it comes to AMD GPUs the fans are controled according to VBIOS fan tables, so it would be necessary to use RBE and change the profile and reflash the BIOS of the GPU.

You may look after the newest FakeSMC.kext and Lilu.kext together wirh Whatevergreen.kext as well to see if you'll see the fan speed after swaping them in your bootloader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back