Contribute
Register

AMD/Nvidia Primary Display with AirPlay Mirroring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed my primary graphics to internal but then there was no output to my monitor via discrete card. I then changed it back to PCIE but turned on multi monitor mode which allows the IG and discrete to both function and use the IG for an additional monitor output (nothing plugged into it). this worked! I now have the airplay icon in my toolbar, cool! sleep / restarting seems to be fine.

I have Sierra and skylake, I didnt have to do anything other than enable that in the bios - no config edits done.
have you checked if intel quick sync work as well?

New to building a hackintosh but I converted my XPS 8500 w/ I7 3770 and love it.

I am using clover and sierra I wasnt sure what else I need to do besides setting my bios to enable multiple displays so the intel GPU is enabled.

and I added these lines to config.plist

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>01620007</string>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>

What else am I missing?

Attachments

• Tony’s iMac.ioreg
    9.4 MB · Views: 135
  • config.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 244
New to building a hackintosh but I converted my XPS 8500 w/ I7 3770 and love it.

I am using clover and sierra I wasnt sure what else I need to do besides setting my bios to enable multiple displays so the intel GPU is enabled.

and I added these lines to config.plist

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>01620007</string>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>

What else am I missing?

I just turned it on in the bios, didnt have to do anything else, no config edits. is it not working for you?

HD4000 not enabled. Verify BIOS.

Thanks toleda. You got me looking in the right direction. I think its a motherboard issue, the dell XPS 8500 Motherboard will allow use of both the IGPU and Nvidia card, but wont let me specify a primary/init display. So if I dont have anything plugged into the HD4000 it doesnt get loaded (if I go to system information/extensions I dont see AppleIntelHD4000Graphics Loaded).

When I have both HD4000 hdmi and nvidia card connected it looks like the AppleIntelHD4000Graphics get loaded but still no airplay icon. I think something might be wrong with my inject intel/platform id. In the config.plist file I updated the settings as shown in the previous post, but in the clover bootloader when I tried to set the platform id in the GPU options to 01620007 it crashes on start, looks like some type of kernal warning and reboots back to clover and sets the platform id defaults to 0018B827.

I disconnected all the outputs of my GTX760 and only used the onboard HDMI out to boot into Sierra. Still doesnt seem to work.

If I dont have the HD4000 connected to an output then in clover bootloader I dont see the option to inject intel so I am guessing it never even gets loaded from bios, and if it does it has to be primary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back