Contribute
Register

AMD/Nvidia Primary Display with AirPlay Mirroring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

My AirPlay stop working after I upgraded my Lenovo U410 (core i5 3317u, HD4000) from El Capitan to Sierra (using this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-u310-u410-using-clover-uefi-10-11.183369/). AirPlay icon display on menu bar but it keep display "Looking for Apple TV" and then Off.
Screen Shot 2560-02-03 at 9.42.04 PM.png

Attachments

• IOReg.zip
    683.5 KB · Views: 105
Hi,

if I try this patch I get no AirPlay icon and no QuickSynch.
So I tryed the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-HDMI-HD4600-Airplay.aml patch. Now I get the AirPlay icon(which I had natively with a clean install, but low framerate) and QuickSynch enabled. But on the Apple TV I get a black screen and sometimes I get a message which says that the AirPlay connection is only supported on iOS 7, OS X 10.10 etc...

I'm on Sierra 10.12.5, motherboard GA-Z97X-Gaming 5, monitor connected to a NVIDIA GeForce 1060 (primary) with Web Drivers, IGPU Intel HD 4600 (enabled, not primary)

IOReg and Clover config.plist attached.

EDIT:
Solved with dangertrouble's solution below.

Attachments

• IOReg.ioreg
    6 MB · Views: 110
  • config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Everything seems to be working fine and the airplay icon shows up in the menu bar but when I select my Apple TV, the tv it is attached to just goes black. like others with this problem, the sound plays through the tv while the screen is black. Interesting note: I have another computer with airserver installed; when I try to connect to that it pops up a message saying the the device is in an inconsistent state and suggests that I restart it...

I am running 10.12.5 on a gigabyte b75m-d3h on bios version f15 with a 3570k processor and a gtx 750 ti
I used this guide and am running a DSDT with minimal edits and ssdt's for power management and hdmi audio for integrated and discrete graphics.

Files are attached

Attachments

• SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml
    458 bytes · Views: 98
  • SSDT-HDMI-HD4000.aml
    296 bytes · Views: 114
  • SSDT-HDEF-3.aml
    218 bytes · Views: 108
  • DSDT.aml
    40.9 KB · Views: 133
  • ssdt.aml
    1.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Skipp's iMac.ioreg
    5.4 MB · Views: 117
  • config.plist
    4.5 KB · Views: 220
Everything seems to be working fine and the airplay icon shows up in the menu bar but when I select my Apple TV, the tv it is attached to just goes black. like others with this problem, the sound plays through the tv while the screen is black. Interesting note: I have another computer with airserver installed; when I try to connect to that it pops up a message saying the the device is in an inconsistent state and suggests that I restart it...
This may be useful for those of us who were trying to use air parrot before getting native airplay to work.
aside from just moving the application to the trash (like I did)
you must also remove "APExtFramebuffer.kext" and “AirParrotDriver.kext” from /System/Library/Extensions and /Library/Extensions and restart

Voila! Black screen woes are gone.

This problem also affects real Macs.

This may be useful for those of us who were trying to use air parrot before getting native airplay to work.
aside from just moving the application to the trash (like I did)
you must also remove "APExtFramebuffer.kext" and “AirParrotDriver.kext” from /System/Library/Extensions and /Library/Extensions and restart

Voila! Black screen woes are gone.

This problem also affects real Macs.

I love you ❤️ Now Airplay is working flawlessy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back