Contribute
Register

AMD/Nvidia Primary Display with AirPlay Mirroring

Status
Not open for further replies.
@chiefbeats
macOS shows AirPlay Mirroring working.
No ideas.
Is there a way to get Mirroring enabled in the system report (attached)?

EDIT: The mirroring listed in Display settings is specific to my monitor, not the graphics card, I think.

Attachments

• system report.jpeg
    system report.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
s there a way to get Mirroring enabled in the system report
No, it shows a display connected to graphics card. Mirroring represents 2 displays connected to the same graphics card with the same display image on both.

AirPlay Mirroring devices only show in System Preferences/Displays

AMD/Nvidia Primary Display with AirPlay Mirroring

Experimental, make a bootable backup before attempting. Not all configurations have been tested.

macOS with AMD/Nvida graphics as the primary display. No motherboard/integrated graphics display(s).

Is this an typo?

Attachments

• 2018-02-24 at 11.57 PM.jpeg
    2018-02-24 at 11.57 PM.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 203
No, why do you ask?

Because I am at lost that why first fill value of IGPlatformID mentioned is 59120003, then when you prompt entry in Graphics section (using clover configurator) became 59122003, please go through that again.

HD630/200 Series/Kaby Lake
  1. Framebuffer: IGPlatformID=59120003
ig-platform-id/
  • HD630: 59122003

In addition, I can not make sure the step 1 and step 2 mentioned in the text, does it mean literally choose either one (yellow or blue box step) to enable Airplay feature, but don't do them simultaneously? Please enlight, thanks.

Attachments

• 2018-02-25 at 12.06 AM.jpeg
    2018-02-25 at 12.06 AM.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 173
No, it shows a display connected to graphics card. Mirroring represents 2 displays connected to the same graphics card with the same display image on both.

AirPlay Mirroring devices only show in System Preferences/Displays

Does Airplay function require host Hackintosh has an installed and driven wifi card or USB dongle?(I have ipad Air 2), as a prerequisite? thanks

Does Airplay function require host Hackintosh has an installed and driven wifi card or USB dongle?(I have ipad Air 2), as a prerequisite? thanks

No not at all.

My 1 gig. ethernet network backbone is flat, with all my iMacs and NAS's running exclusively on ethernet with WiFi not configured on these network devices at all. ( Yes, I consider my iMacs to be network devices as well.) Even my Apple TV 4's are only connected or rather only configured for ethernet.

My Network also comprises of a number of "unmanaged" ethernet switches. Three of these switches are dual configured for ethernet as well as WiFi - in the 5 gig frequency spectrum as 2.4 gig is too interference prone. These dual configured switches are strategically placed throughout my residence in order to ensure that my iOS devices will receive a strong WiFi signal wherever I want to use any of these devices in my fairly spread out environment.

How does airplay now work ?

From the iMacs exclusively via ethernet to any one of my 2 Apple TV 4 boxes and 1 apple TV 3 box, on my network.

From any one of my iOS devices via WiFi to the nearest dual configured switch, providing the strongest WiFi signal. From there the signal continues via ethernet to the respective apple TV that should receive the airplay stream as originally designated by the iOS device.

Even handoff between my iOS devices and my iMacs work with this kind of setup.

One can also consider the three dual configured switches as locally functioning hotspots although one of these switches is also configured to function as an ADSL access point to the internet via my service provider.

Enjoy.

Sorry @toleda that I chipped in, but I thought I could assist in this instance as my scenario matches exactly what @susudio enquired about, or so I believe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back