Contribute
Register

AMD and Nvidia graphic cards at same time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are running on 16 lanes, I chose the slots for that reason, it goes 16,16,8 with the TB3 card in

Thanks for the info. Have you tried any purchased iTunes movies on your Vega (DRM content)? How about Final Cut editing?

My 560 had some render issues but I think it’s the Shiki kext.

Last edited:
It works very nicely for me with 10.13.6.
An AMD Vega frontier edition and a Nvidia 1080ti on an ASRock X299.

I did have to put the amd in the slot closest to the CPU as otherwise the bios would always attempt to use it and once macos started I would get a blank screen. With the amd in slot 1 it's perfect. Work under macos, and in Windows I can switch on the fly by selecting which screen is the primary one.

I've been running only a 1080ti, but want to upgrade to Mojave, so have a vega 56 arriving in a few days & was planning to run with both in.

What kexts do you include in for dual nvidia @ amd in 10.13.x and 10.14 on your system ?

Any other issues to be aware of ?

Thanks

I'm new to the hackintosh world and just completed my first build, but I want to optimize the mac side of my build more. I want to use a AMD card for my mac, I currently have a quadro installed. Can I just uninstall the drivers and add the new AMD card, and still be able to use the quadro card when I boot to my Windows drive if I use an output on each card and two sources on my monitor so that only one card is recognized(I have to use the quadro card for solidworks)? Removing the cards when booting is way too much of a hassle.

Or am I just better off saving for a Radeon pro wx 7100/9100 that will handle all of my needs?

I'm running high sierra 10.13.6 on the build

I'm new to the hackintosh world and just completed my first build, but I want to optimize the mac side of my build more. I want to use a AMD card for my mac, I currently have a quadro installed. Can I just uninstall the drivers and add the new AMD card, and still be able to use the quadro card when I boot to my Windows drive if I use an output on each card and two sources on my monitor so that only one card is recognized(I have to use the quadro card for solidworks)? Removing the cards when booting is way too much of a hassle.

Or am I just better off saving for a Radeon pro wx 7100/9100 that will handle all of my needs?

I'm running high sierra 10.13.6 on the build

Are you using web drivers for the Quatro?

Are you using web drivers for the Quatro?

I am using web drivers for the quadro, otherwise all I got was a black screen.

Just thinking, can I use the dropdown for the nvidia drivers to actually disable the card and use default mac OS drivers with a supported AMD card?

@ConmanCamaro I'm still using a similar setup, though it has other annoying side-effects. There is an AMD and an NVIDIA card installed — before I boot, I plug all my monitors in either card and this works fine. The NVIDIA card is ignored by macOS and I don't have any web drivers installed on there, Windows sees both cards but uses only one.

Thank you all so very much, this really helps! Time to order an AMD card!

I was using 1070ti with macos high sierra, recently I upgraded to mojave, now gup not working, now I want to get a rx560, so can I use both gpus in my hackintosh. I've done dual boot. I want 1070ti for windows and rx560 for mac. Can it be done. Please tell me I am so much confused.
CPU I5-8400, 16gb ddr4, aorus ultra gaming wifi z370
Thanks in advance

I was using 1070ti with macos high sierra, recently I upgraded to mojave, now gup not working, now I want to get a rx560, so can I use both gpus in my hackintosh. I've done dual boot. I want 1070ti for windows and rx560 for mac. Can it be done. Please tell me I am so much confused.
CPU I5-8400, 16gb ddr4, aorus ultra gaming wifi z370
Thanks in advance

Most likely an issue due to 10xx series cards not being supported by macOS Mojave. You could try removing your nvidia web drivers and only having your monitors plugged into the AMD card when booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back