HD 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys!

I hope someone can help me here with my little problem.
My 5770 "works" fine without any injections, but there is a problem with that. 1. OSX El Capitan shows me the card as a 5000 not as 5770 and second problem is, that it uses the wrong framebuffer.
ioreg | grep ATY only shows me
ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@0 instead of
ATY,Vervet

If I enable the injection in clover, el capitan boots normaly and I can hear from the slow fan of my video card, that it works but my display won't show up (I use HDMI). I think the problem is that it doesn't detect my HDMI input.

Have someone an idea how I could slove this problem? Is there a way to force osx to use vervet without an injection?

Thank you very much in advance!

My 5770 "works" fine without any injections, but there is a problem with that. 1. OSX El Capitan shows me the card as a 5000 not as 5770 and second problem is, that it uses the wrong framebuffer.
ioreg | grep ATY only shows me
ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@0 instead of
ATY,Vervet

Both of this is perfectly fine. Just keep using it like that.

The only way to change the framebuffer is using Inject/Ati (or a similar method for injecting IOReg data). This doesn't work on some systems though, my old P55 build will always boot to black screen if using Inject/Ati.

Both of this is perfectly fine. Just keep using it like that.

The only way to change the framebuffer is using Inject/Ati (or a similar method for injecting IOReg data). This doesn't work on some systems though, my old P55 build will always boot to black screen if using Inject/Ati.

Oh okay :). I thought that this is the reason why I can't change the resolution to 2560x1080, the highest I can pick is 1920x1080 and if I use switchresx it works but only with 51 hz. Is there a way to slove this? On Windows I can change it to 2560x1080 60hz.

Thank you very much for your help :).

HDMI is often locked to 1080p in OS X due to some strange Apple limits. Try installing the Pixel Clock Patch to remove the limit.

Thank you very much for your help but I disabled SIP by setting "CsrActiveConfig" to 0x67 and tried your patch.
It shows me
"
SIP might or might not be disabled

the script might or might not be working

check "$ csrutil status"

more info: https://developer.apple.com/library...ion/ConfiguringSystemIntegrityProtection.html

Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y

(otool) Detected patched IOKit on OS X 10.11.
"
And I'm only to use 46 hz on 2560x1080 instead of 60 like on Windows. Did I something worng?

EDIT: Okay, now I'm able to set switchresx to 60hz but it doesn't work, it only shows me "Not activated - invalid?"

Last edited:
(otool) Detected patched IOKit on OS X 10.11.

This sounds like you've successfully ran the patch before, so everything should be fine.

Btw, the HD 5770 is officially spec'ed to max out at 1920x1200 on HDMI. Maybe Apples driver implemention is more strict than the Windows equivalent, so it won't allow you to exceed this limit?

Hm, could be the case but if it's would be, it wouldn't work on Windows too? However, I was able to force it to 55 hz ... I need only 5 more but it doesn't work. However, for the moment I will stick with 55 hz and switch later to DVI Dual Link, that should work right? Or is it better to buy a display port to hdmi stick?

Thank you again.

You can see the official specification as lower limit of functionalities the GPU is guaranteed to offer. 1080p will always work and with a lucky combination of GPU, driver, cable and Display you might be able to exceed it.

Similar example: My GTX 780 is able to Output 1440p@60Hz through SingleLink DVI. This shouldn't be possible, but it's still working for my specific Setup.

Personally I'd prefer an active(!) DisplayPort to HDMI adapter. From my experience, DVI Adapters are quite often hit and miss, especially at resolutions greater than 1080p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back