Contribute
Register

[solved] Alienware 15 R2 install EI capitan&install Mac Sierra Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rehabman,

I am actually unable to boot to the installer if i use the generic Nvme driver (kernel Panic). I have 1 NVMe SSD m.2 Samsung PM951 256GB and a 1TB SATA drive, without the NVME kext no internal drive is detected (except the USB installer). I Already tried your kext for unsupported SATA drivers, took the dev id from linux and put it in the plist file but still not detected.

Any help will be appreciated.
20160505_202310.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 119
Hi Rehabman,

I am actually unable to boot to the installer if i use the generic Nvme driver (kernel Panic). I have 1 NVMe SSD m.2 Samsung PM951 256GB and a 1TB SATA drive, without the NVME kext no internal drive is detected (except the USB installer). I Already tried your kext for unsupported SATA drivers, took the dev id from linux and put it in the plist file but still not detected.

Any help will be appreciated.
View attachment 194381

NVMe is a no go. The driver is buggy, not being maintained, not open source, and was never intended for hacks anyway.

Replace your NVMe drive with an M.2 AHCI.

Does anyone have a EFI folder they can share for this laptop that allows booting into the installer? All the configs I've tried in this thread never make it that far. I'd like to compare it to my config to see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!
hi PopeJamal
i have reached the installer, you can download the EFI folder from here(#1).

NVMe is a no go. The driver is buggy, not being maintained, not open source, and was never intended for hacks anyway.

Replace your NVMe drive with an M.2 AHCI.
Thanks for the quick feedback, but how about the SATA drive? Any clue why it is not detected ?

Have you successfully install it if you did is there any chance you can post a tutorial how to do it. I am not sure if I am installing a bad version of osx but I am still having trouble.

Have you successfully install it if you did is there any chance you can post a tutorial how to do it. I am not sure if I am installing a bad version of osx but I am still having trouble.
yes, i install succeed. i just changed the dsdt file and update the config.list, then i can see the hd driver.

config.list:
Code:
<key>ACPI</key>

<dict>

<key>DSDT</key>

<dict>

<key>Debug</key>

<false/>

<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>

<false/>

<key>Fixes</key>

<dict>

<key>NewWay_80000000</key>

<true/>

</dict>

<key>Name</key>

<string>DSDT.aml</string>

<key>ReuseFFFF</key>

<false/>

</dict>

<key>SSDT</key>

<dict>

<key>DropOem</key>

<false/>

<key>Generate</key>

<false/>

</dict>

</dict>
DSDT: (method from http://bbs.pcbeta.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1690468&page=1&extra=#pid45970789)

check your ports with AIDA64, i got the results. (image: #131)
usb 2.0: port1 port2 port 9
usb 3.0: port17 port19 port20
special port: port4 port5 port7

then open your dsdt.dsl with MaciASL. find RHUB.
QQ20160513-0.png

then delete other port you will not use(or just documenting it). i left 9 ports(HS01 HS02 HS04 HS05 HS07 SS03 SS05 SS07). careful the address, do not delete your working port.
QQ20160513-1.png

QQ20160513-2.png

then find your ssdt(the one define the usb port). the ssdt.dml below is mine.
QQ20160513-3.png

add the 9 port function to dsdt. Example:
original:
Code:
Device (HS01)
               {
                   Name (_ADR, One)  // _ADR: Address
                }
after:
Code:
Device (HS01)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, One)  // _ADR: Address
                    Method (_UPC, 0, NotSerialized)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                    {
                        Return (GUPC (One))
                    }

Method (_PLD, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PLD: Physical Location of Device
                    {
                        Return (GPLD (One, One))
                    }
                }
Method (_UPC, 0, NotSerialized) and Method (_PLD, 0, NotSerialized) from here.
QQ20160513-4.png

change the left 8 ports like this. then get your dsdt.aml file. you can remove your usb injector now.
At last, this is my EFI files.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 472
Thank you for your help but now I am getting the error saying this version of Mac os x is not supported on this platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back