Contribute
Register

[solved] Alienware 15 R2 install EI capitan&install Mac Sierra Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this would help, but I let the screen load a little longer and this popped up. I used the efi file that that op posted, we have basically the same set up. I'll try to set it up my way. Thanks for your help.

"Still waiting for root device" indicates a USB probem... (assuming you're booting the OS X installer on USB).

Try different USB ports, both USB2 and USB3 sticks.

See USB guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

/sorry for the double post but
"Still waiting for root device" indicates a USB probem... (assuming you're booting the OS X installer on USB).

Try different USB ports, both USB2 and USB3 sticks.

See USB guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

I have tried all the ports, I am going to buy a new stick that is usb3. I'll ask for help if everything stays the same, I have tried everything with this current stick but I am not getting pasted that screen. Do you think using unibeast is the problem?

I have tried all the ports, I am going to buy a new stick that is usb3. I'll ask for help if everything stays the same, I have tried everything with this current stick but I am not getting pasted that screen. Do you think using unibeast is the problem?

I don't use Unbeast, so can't help you there. There are some of the solutions already implemented in my guide plist files (not present in Unibeast plists).

Further details and solutions in the USB guide already linked.

I don't know if this would help, but I let the screen load a little longer and this popped up. I used the efi file that that op posted, we have basically the same set up. I'll try to set it up my way. Thanks for your help.
it's still the usb problem.....already set ACPI all false in config.list? maybe you can try this EFI files #1

Last edited:
are you talking about the kexts files or the entire EFI folder?
So the first post or the efi file on 149
Are you talking about this
I don't get why when I use your file it doesn't work we basically have the same hardware.
<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>DSDT</key>
<dict>

Last edited:
it's still the usb problem.....already set ACPI all false in config.list? maybe you can try this EFI files #1

Never a good idea to use ACPI files from another computer...

are you talking about the kexts files or the entire EFI folder?
So the first post or the efi file on 149
Are you talking about this
I don't get why when I use your file it doesn't work we basically have the same hardware.
<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>DSDT</key>
<dict>
it's very close. try to change the original install app or get your dsdt and disable discrete card, then use the usb injector. ACPI use yourself. i got to the installer many times, but always couldn't see the HDD, even Rehabman said the SATA port not support very well. just try one more time.
(sorry for my bad english)

I followed rehab thread with formatting and making a bootable usb/hdd. But did you have to enable support cpu in your confit file? When I have it disabled nothing loads and I get the reboot. I get confused with the usb injection

I followed rehab thread with formatting and making a bootable usb/hdd. But did you have to enable support cpu in your confit file? When I have it disabled nothing loads and I get the reboot. I get confused with the usb injection
inject intel?
Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <true/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>NvidiaSingle</key>
        <false/>
        <key>ig-platform-id</key>
        <string>0x19160000</string>
    </dict>

inject intel?
Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <true/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>NvidiaSingle</key>
        <false/>
        <key>ig-platform-id</key>
        <string>0x19160000</string>
    </dict>
That's the first things i did and wouldn't work until I clicked on support cpu

Does my efii folder look okay ??

Now I'm getting stuck here saying unsupported speed. Uploaded a picture too.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 91
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back