Contribute
Register

Alternative to onboard lan now! Sonnet GE1000LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: stop using onboard lan now! Sonnet GE1000LA

Shakin_Handz said:
There's a huge thread already discussing this fact by PowerPC. Also their is a Rosewill card that uses the same chipset at a fraction of the cost.
The mods or a mod deleted/banned my Sonnet thread.
Why? Go figure. :thumbdown:

Glad other people are discovering the same things I did, of how Realtek chip/hardware sucks. But it seems Realtek is the de-facto LAN of choice on this board.

Note: My beef is with the Realtek hardware/chip... and now with the Realtek drivers. But even if you put The Stig in a crappy car, it will still run crappy. No amount of driver can fix that. <--- get it? driver, the stig... :mrgreen:

Re: alternate to onboard lan now! Sonnet GE1000LA

i have not been banned, but my post title has been edited by someone

well, I had to do another very big project on Friday, an this card works much nicer. I'd say it works even better than the realtek does on windows. so I agree its a weakness of the chip.

I have one of the 100% working Rosewill RC-401-EX Ethernet Cards for sale if anyone is interested.

I am interested in the Rosewill RC-401-EX Ethernet Card.

:)

There are updated drivers for the Sonnet card (for PC & Mac). Has anyone tried them? Are they necessary?

There are updated drivers for the Sonnet card (for PC & Mac). Has anyone tried them? Are they necessary?

Why would you even do that? When it's supported natively by drivers provided by his holiness, Apple Inc.
If you want to use 3rd-party drivers, then just stick with Realtek.
The whole point of this is buying hardware supported natively by Apple to minimize problems and side-effects.

Why would you even do that? When it's supported natively by drivers provided by his holiness, Apple Inc.
If you want to use 3rd-party drivers, then just stick with Realtek.
The whole point of this is buying hardware supported natively by Apple to minimize problems and side-effects.

Just checking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back