Contribute
Register

Alternative to onboard lan now! Sonnet GE1000LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have posted this in other threads, but thought I'll repeat this here. I can confirm that the Sonnet Presto card does NOT work well with Z77X-UP5 TH motherboard. It works alright after start up, but is not recognized after waking from sleep. Another forum member confirmed the same behavior with this card on that motherboard. I had other issues too with this card (other USB ports became flaky after waking from sleep).

This seems to be a problem with this motherboard most probably and may be fixed with a future BIOS update, but as of now if you are running this motherboard, this card is not a good choice. I did see Mac drivers for this card on their but did not install it.

Does it have to be the model number you linked to "GE1000LA-E", or can it be GE1000LA?
I'm using Realtek in Mountain Lion and it takes 10 seconds to start working after boot and wake. It sounds like Sonnet's PCIe will fix this.
The GE1000LA model number is cheaper than the GE1000LA-E model number but I want to make sure that it works before purchasing it.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back