Contribute
Register

Alot of Graphical Glitch - Lines after Hardware Upgarde.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well this setup is a bust. safari all but vanishes from my screen while scrolling. good game 8gb stick. You're OUT OF HERE>

I have a thought. Our laptops are running the dual channel the ram at 1T timings, even in dual channel mode. On all of my ddr3 desktops, i have never been able to get them to run stably at 1T when using 2 or more sticks. They ALL had to be set to 2T in order to be stable, even when under clocked and over volted.

your thoughts?

and how should i change the timings? (maybe i'll give it a try and i will tell you)

I have those graphics lines even with one stick of 4GB DDR3 1333...

I have no more lines and still have 8 GB RAM, but the system still crashes on high demand video applications.
What i did:
update BIOS to f20
installed 10.7.2 viewtopic.php?f=259&t=41546
hp installer - made sure i am selecting the right bios version (f20) under dsdt on both graphic cards
the network drivers wants you to restart the computer, do that but turn the computer off right after u see the battery sign on the bottom right.
unplug the USB stick with Lion then start your computer.
doesn't make any sense, but it works. No more lines and 8GB of RAM

the elpida one came with the laptop. if you noticed from the picture, the kingstone one is identical
Graphic Enabler = YES how do i get rid of crashes?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820139190

Attachments

• Laptop RAM.JPG
    Laptop RAM.JPG
    807.6 KB · Views: 210
Still haveing Glitches

@Haffi, great find. I tried some of what she was suggesting, but then my limited knowledge about this kind of stuff forced me to stop. I really hope someone in this whole entire thread could figure it out. Once again, good stuff!!

I've read this and get the concept. However, I am unsure what frequencies to set it at for us, so that isn't very helpful if that is our problem.

Well This thread is very promising specially since the OSX does not read the BIOS ...

http://revogirl.wordpress.com/2012/01/2 ... roperties/

Im trying this out now .

WIll keep you posted , note im only doing the change that shes is refering to as one of .. other change sounds to complicated, so far.

After 3 reboots and about 1 hour of playing , ive recvied no crashes and minimal glitches. ( no lines I did see one Box artifact in a Yourtube Video but did not botherme , 8 GB running stabil atm.

However I did notice that on the Windows side the MAX Video memory is said to be 1.6 GB and in use was 104 when I checked so we might need to add to that 512 MB value to get it completele stabel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back