Contribute
Register

Alot of Graphical Glitch - Lines after Hardware Upgarde.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA H61
CPU
i5 2400
Graphics
GTX 460
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello there folks.
I've been using the 4530s (core i3) with 10.7.2 and this guide to the last letter:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=259&t=41546

My laptop work fines normally once in a while get a graphic glitch but rarely.

HOWEVER that changed after I did some hardware upgrade.

I upgrade the Harddrive to a 96GB SSD about 3 weeks ago this does not affect anything.

2 Days ago I added another 4GB of RAM to a total of 8GB
Immediately I notice significant increase in graphical glitch, lines and this occur after 3-4 minutes of use after fresh reboot.
I tried to redo the installation - No changes.
I revert to some of the Old Packs from blueking and Re-Create DSDT with 8GB of ram, Does not help.

I took out the new 4GB stick of ram, use Another Brand 4GB piece from my other laptop
Still the same.

I took out all the new ram and leave the original 4GB piece in everything work fine again and I can't even get a glitch when i try to use graphic heavy application.

It seem like 8GB of ram cause significant Graphical Glitch and Lines on my system.

Anyone out there with 8GB want to try and let us know?

I'm wondering if its something in the DSDT is not right for the ram upgrade.

the asus 1201N forum does have DSDT for different memory(2GB,4GB)...i think it can fix by editing dsdt for different memory..just suggestion..but i dont know how to do it...

I never had the graphical lines until I upgraded to 8GB.

You know. Maybe it is RAM related. I just bought some DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) and it actually seemed to help.

However I have to keep in mind that correlation doesn't necessarily mean causation.

@Liposuction, you were able to upgrade to DDR3-1600? I didn't realize our motherboard was compatible. Is there a noticeable difference in speed?

I currently have 8 GB of OCZ DDR3-1333 which is plenty fast, but I was thinking that maybe it was RAM that isn't stock grade. Meaning, if one were to put an extra 4 GB of the exact same model number as the stock 4 GB stick than maybe it will help combat the lines. Not sure, just a theory.

We will need more data for our research. :)

Inmike09 said:
@Liposuction, you were able to upgrade to DDR3-1600? I didn't realize our motherboard was compatible. Is there a noticeable difference in speed?

I currently have 8 GB of OCZ DDR3-1333 which is plenty fast, but I was thinking that maybe it was RAM that isn't stock grade. Meaning, if one were to put an extra 4 GB of the exact same model number as the stock 4 GB stick than maybe it will help combat the lines. Not sure, just a theory.

We will need more data for our research. :)

I didn't notice a huge spike in speed or anything. I was actually hoping to clear up the lines. It's funny that you should mention the model number thing. I tried that with all of the configurations possible (only like-sticks for dual stick setups though). Nothing seemed to fix the lines issue. My current memory is Corsair MEGA awesome or something.

...okay I'll check for real...

Corsair Vengeance(?)

Anyway. YMMV

Same problems here with 8GB of Ram (2x4GB ) Plus crashes on dual monitor, if I do mirroring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back