1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard: GA-Z77-D3H
Processor: Intelcore I5 3570K
Memory:DD3 16GB
Graphics: For the moment HD4000 tested with XFX Radeon 5770 but got som graphical glitches in the black tones.

Everything was pretty easy, just bought the Mountain lion from app store.
Used unibeast to install.
Had to install the drivers for the networkcard and change the resolution for hd4000.

My only problem now is the sound... lot of people has problem withVIA VT2021 found a solution for lion but this dont work for the mountain lion.
Does anyone has a solution for this except change the soundcard?

I have the same setup but am having problems getting a system to download the ML Install App in the first place. How did you get to that point?

Making sound work on VIA audio

I have the exact same board. After looking around the internet and having bad experience trying VoodooHDA, I went for it. You have to backup or delete the AppleHDA.kext, then install VoodooHDA in Multibeast. Multibeast is supposed to delete that file, be sure to check before you restart that it is indeed gone or no boot. There is a file to replace the Apple file that is rumored to make the sound better, but I coulnd't donwload it from the forum, didn't get any details of why it improves sound, and haven't found a working download of the file yet. This at least gave me sound in everything, the apple control panel is fully functional. The extra Voodoo preference panel seems to do nothing, but it's not needed anyway.

I've succesfully installed the VIA audio board on GA-Z77X-D3H (not the same board, but the same audio card).
Written the process here: http://mehigh.biz/hackintosh/mountain-lion-on-gigabyte-ga-z77x-d3h-tutorial.html
I tried the best I could to explain the process I had gone through while also linking to the resources I had used. If you go through the procedure, make sure to write down your steps, as your experience might help others as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back