CPU
i5 - 4690k
Graphics
R9 290X
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
[Success] i5-4690K + GTX770 + Gigabyte z97x Gaming 3

Hi all,

Just a quick guide to let you know that I finally got the above mentioned build fully working sound included.

I've repeated the installation from a clean Yosemite install and it's still working.

Have a slight issue with Reboot and Shutdown delays, but except from that HAPPY !

What you will need :

1 - Yosemite Unibeast stick
2 - Multibeast Yosemite edition
3 - Multibeast Maverick edition (yes, yes, that one as well)

For Unibeast creation you can follow the very good existing guide : http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Once that is at hand, I had some issues installing it. Kept on having the installation stoping half way there. The only way I managed the full installation is by following the next steps :

1 - Make sure you install F5 BIOS version for this MotherBoard.
2 - Change the settings from the BIOS as explained on the following link : http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-gigabyte-z97x-gaming-3-i7-4790s-780-gtx.html
3 - Boot from Unibeast usb with the following flags : GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -no-zp -x
4 - Follow the installation as per Tony's guide (steps 5 to 8): http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
5 - Once restarted from the installation, boot from Unibeast stick. Highlight your Mac disk and boot with the Flags: GraphicsEnabler=Yes -x
6 - Complete the post installation wizard
7 - Start Multibeast Yosemite edition and run the profile attached to this thread (YoseMultibeast - episode 1.mb) ==> Notice no audio is being installed THAT IS NORMAL
8 - Reboot the system and boot from disk.

At this point your mac is partially working. Well all works except Audio. I tried patching ALC1150 with different kexts and scripts to no available. So I went back to my Maverick installation and noticed it worked like a charm. What the hell, why would a Maverick kext not work on Yosemite, correct? WELL IT DOES THE JOB LIKE A CHAMP

1 - Start Multibeast Maverick edition and run the second profile attached to this thread (MavMultibeast - episode 2.mb)
2 - Restart and enjoy you tunes, videos and all !

I have not played a lot with Yosemite yet. There might be bugs that I have not yet seen. If you have a similar build -> talk to me ! We might takle them together.

I tested Geekbench (well the 32bits allowed trial). You have the result attached

Thanks for reading
Chris

Attachments

• YoseMultibeast - episode 1.mb
    6.5 KB · Views: 283
  • MavMultibeast - episode 2.mb
    1.2 KB · Views: 217
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 02.06.18.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 02.06.18.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 292
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 02.06.37.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 02.06.37.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 246
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 02.16.16.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 02.16.16.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Hi Bro :)

I have amlost same bulid like you - but I have gtx 670 2gb.
Tell me what can I do with GraphicsEnabler - set still yes or no ?

and what network card you use on this bulid ?

Many thx :D

cheers
Matt

Yo !

The build has changed a bit since (my GTX770 is in GPU's heaven as we speak, may Kratos bless her)

Anyway, when I had the GTX I was not using any Graphic Enabler, the card was recogn out of the box. Did not have to do anything.

Regarding the Network card, am using the built-in to the Gigabyte MB, the eKiller one

Let me know if you need anything, I'll see what I can do for you.

Chris

ok, I understand :)

so... you just use multibeast to install drivers for network onboard - ekiller card and she works well ??

ok, if you could Ill be very greatfull ;)

can you write your email adress to direct contact - if you no problem with that ofc ;)

one more question Bro ;)

when I have oc my kingston hyper furyx ram from 1600 to 2400 and oc i5 to 4,5ghz - can I install os x or I must load default settings to bios ??

ok, if you could Ill be very greatfull ;)

can you write your email adress to direct contact - if you no problem with that ofc ;)
We encourage you to share your problems/answers.
UNLIKE OTHER INTERNET COMMUNITIES, THESE RULES ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED​
General Rules

• Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back