Graphics
Intel HD 4400
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have an Alienware M17x R2 currently running Lion 10.7.4 , everything works perfect but the VGA port, here is my configuration:

CPU: Intel Core Extreme T9400 2.53 Ghz cuad core
4 gb ram
Single Nvidia GTX 280m
Dual 500 gb Hard Drives set as AHCI no raid

I purchased a copy of mountain lion on the app store , downloaded unibeast and successfully installed and prepared the usb installation drive. I m able to boot from the usb , and install mountain lion with no problem , trough the process , including the first boot from the usb into the newly installed mountain lion I have full video working out of the box , my card is properly detected as an Nvidia GTX 280m and my system profiler set my computer as a Macbook Pro 3.1 15 inch.

Once i run Multibeast 5.02 and i try to boot from the hard drive , the system start loading and then lose video , my screen goes completely black and i have to manually reboot , i have tries all possible boot flags , -v -x -s -f , I tried doing a DSDT free installations , since there is no DSDT file for mi laptop , I also tried running easybeast , tried selecting all the necessary kext , no kext at all , just the bootloader , and all the avenues take me to the same result, no video .

I even downloaded other bootloaders and got no success .

Please help me , I don't know what I m doing wrong. :beachball:

Try Booting with PCIRootUID=0 Or GraphicsEnabler=Yes and No. Report Back

Try Booting with PCIRootUID=0 Or GraphicsEnabler=Yes and No. Report Back

Just tried all combinations and nothing

PCIRootUID=0
PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=yes
PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler =no

No success

PCIRootUID=1?

So, you're trying to boot the laptop, but use a monitor?

I m re installing at the moment so i can boot from the USB , will take just another 10 min ,how can i confirm if OpenCL is working? Sorry , I m pretty new on this.

I tried PCIRootUID =1 , nothing , I disables the Nvidia GTX280 Card and tried booting with the onboard 9400 , nothing.

Not at the moment , but ultimately i would love to use a monitor to extend my desktop.

So even if I get full graphics and full acceleration there is no way to get the external VGA to work ? On lion my card works perfect , I m not sure if OpenCL is enabled , all i know is that I have 1920x1080 resolution and videos play very smooth , no glitches at all. On the other hand my card is detected as an unknown nvidia card 1024 mb .

A good way to test is first go into settings and then dashboard, and disable "use as space" or something. Then go and add a widget, and it should ripple. And you should change the title as it's not the VGA port you're using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back