Contribute
Register

ALienware m15 compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the feedback - the oled panel is often difficult on hackintosh laptops as far as I remember from my old AW 13R3.

Would appreciate if you could upload your EFI Folder.

Cheers!

Hi,

my previous post was deleted because i linked to a german forum which is obviously not allowed and i didnt know that.

Therefore, find attached a working efi.

Its not the latest v ersion, i tweaked it in the meantime a little bit (voodooi2c and voodoops2 instead of applesmarttouchpad, no more cpufriend etc.) but i dont have that one handy right now. But this efi here should get you going perfectly. Remember to generate a new serial number and uuid if you want to use icloud and imessage.
and look for a freeware called karabiner elements - it lets you define the correct keys like brightness etc to the right ones on the keyboard.
cheers
Hi thanks for your attachment it gave me good start to install Catalina atm am experimenting to reach stable system. I will update you guys regarding the my result and upload the EFI folder for others to benefit
Thanks all ^^

Yeah it would be great if you could share your EFI folder!

Yeah it would be great if you could share your EFI folder!

have you tried the EFI attached by elmacci? that should get you up and running, as it did for my m17(i7-8750H, RTX 2070)

have you tried the EFI attached by elmacci? that should get you up and running, as it did for my m17(i7-8750H, RTX 2070)
Yeah, I have tried macOS 10.13, 10.14 and 10.15 with your efi folder but everytime I get some sort of error. Like: "In memory Panic Stackshot Succeeded ** Bytes Traced 193536" or it wont go past: "ApplePS2Controller: Notification consumer published: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchpad". Maybe you know how to fix it? I don't have access to a mac atm

I just tried to install Catalina again and after the 3rd apple logo (where it says how many minutes left) the computer restarted 2 times and then I got this:
20200302_183424.jpg

your panic has scrolled off the screen
Okay, I got it to work when I did not check "plugins" before install. But I shut down and now I can't get it to start anymore. I keep getting:"ApplePS2Controller: Notification consumer published: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchpad" Did I need to do something before I restarted?

Okay, I got it to work when I did not check "plugins" before install. But I shut down and now I can't get it to start anymore. I keep getting:"ApplePS2Controller: Notification consumer published: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchpad" Did I need to do something before I restarted?
post a verbose image here along with your zipped clover folder

Hi again ^^
I'm glad to share finding and workaround with EFI
everything works great very stable so far Except for Wifi and USB ports if you find out please share appreciated
here's my EFI Catalina 10.15.3

Update:4/3/2020
what dosent works:
Wifi
thunderbolt
GPU 2070:

note: generate your Serial and SmUUID

Thanks

Attachments

• AW-M15-R1 EFI 2.zip
    10 MB · Views: 204
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-04.png