Contribute
Register

ALienware m15 compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

For me everything works except the 2070, wifi (had to buy a usb dongle) and Bluetooth. On the software side the battery indicator does not work yet and Facetime and iMessage do not work, but I don't care for Facetime and iMessage. If anyone knows a fix for these things that would be nice.

Mugs:
My USB ports and Thunderbolt port just work, so I can't help you there. For Wifi I bought a usb wireless adapter, I saw on a lot of forums that Killer wireless cards cannot be fixed for Hackintosh. And for graphics cards, RTX cards are not supported yet.

Ok, it was harder than expected, mainly because of the OLED panel. But finally it is working! After some extra headaches the Alienware Graphics Amplifier with a GTX 1080 Ti is also working. Connected to two 144Hz 2560x1440p screens and the OLED running as 4K retina is just the best Mac experience I've ever seen. Just amazing. Everything I've tested works flawlessly, even the HDMI audio through the AGA. I think I need to extend the Dell warranty to the max because this should last me a loooong time. I'll post more details after cleaning things up a bit.

Hey I'm running a similar machine but for some reason I keep getting memory panics.

Last edited:
Hi,

For me everything works except the 2070, wifi (had to buy a usb dongle) and Bluetooth. On the software side the battery indicator does not work yet and Facetime and iMessage do not work, but I don't care for Facetime and iMessage. If anyone knows a fix for these things that would be nice.

Mugs:
My USB ports and Thunderbolt port just work, so I can't help you there. For Wifi I bought a usb wireless adapter, I saw on a lot of forums that Killer wireless cards cannot be fixed for Hackintosh. And for graphics cards, RTX cards are not supported yet.

Hi AdriaanVDH, can you share us your EFI please?

Ok, it was harder than expected, mainly because of the OLED panel. But finally it is working! After some extra headaches the Alienware Graphics Amplifier with a GTX 1080 Ti is also working. Connected to two 144Hz 2560x1440p screens and the OLED running as 4K retina is just the best Mac experience I've ever seen. Just amazing. Everything I've tested works flawlessly, even the HDMI audio through the AGA. I think I need to extend the Dell warranty to the max because this should last me a loooong time. I'll post more details after cleaning things up a bit.
Does the brightness control of OLED can work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back