Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell inspiron 14r
CPU
i5 4200u
Graphics
hd 4400 1366x768
I was wondering if anyone has got their alienware m15 r1 working as a hackintosh.
My laptop specifications are:
i7 8750h
RTX 2060(I know it will not work)
16gb ram
512gb ssd
If anyone has managed to install hackintosh on it kindly share your efi :)
Thank You

Hi,

my previous post was deleted because i linked to a german forum which is obviously not allowed and i didnt know that.

Therefore, find attached a working efi.

Its not the latest v ersion, i tweaked it in the meantime a little bit (voodooi2c and voodoops2 instead of applesmarttouchpad, no more cpufriend etc.) but i dont have that one handy right now. But this efi here should get you going perfectly. Remember to generate a new serial number and uuid if you want to use icloud and imessage.
and look for a freeware called karabiner elements - it lets you define the correct keys like brightness etc to the right ones on the keyboard.
cheers

Attachments

• Alienware m15 R1.zip
    19 MB · Views: 484
Would this work for High Sierra? I'm trying to install High Sierra to try a GTX1080 Ti in a graphics amplifier but just with the intel and the RTX2060 (without the AGA connected) I get stuck at gIOScreenLockState 3. I've also tried another EFI from a github (RockJesus/Alienware-Hackintosh) with the same result. I have a i7 9750, so maybe I need to redo the ACPI patching, but I just want to quickly check if the 1080Ti would work before spending a ton of time on it.

Honestly - i dont know, never bothered to install High Sierra. You will need to test yourself.

So you used that one as is to install Mojave or Catalina? Or did you install using unibeast and this is the tweaked config for normal booting. I'm unable to even get to the installer in the Alienware m15 r1. I've installed in many laptops (for example an Alienware 13R3) and desktops, and I am now considering cloning one installation from another computer and replace the EFI with yours.

So you used that one as is to install Mojave or Catalina? Or did you install using unibeast and this is the tweaked config for normal booting. I'm unable to even get to the installer in the Alienware m15 r1. I've installed in many laptops (for example an Alienware 13R3) and desktops, and I am now considering cloning one installation from another computer and replace the EFI with yours.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

I always install vanilla-like, as in no unibeast/multibeast.
Yes, I basically used this EFI Folder to install Mojave. Just a more stripped down version and after successfully installing, I optimized the EFI. After that, I normally updated to Catalina.

Could you share the more stripped version? I've been unable to install either High Sierra, Mojave or Catalina. I've tried all your versions from the other german forum with the same result. stuck at gIOScreenLockState :(

I would - but unfortunately I don't have it anymore - once I got a version I could install with, I used it as a basis and modified it. sorry

but you should be able to install with the full version as well...dont know why it doesn't work.
Maybe a bios setting?

gIOScreenLockState is a graphics error - it could also mean that the igpu in your 9750h is not exactly the same as the igpu in my 8750h. so probably you need to modify my efi with a more suitable platform id for graphics.

Last edited:
Ok, it was harder than expected, mainly because of the OLED panel. But finally it is working! After some extra headaches the Alienware Graphics Amplifier with a GTX 1080 Ti is also working. Connected to two 144Hz 2560x1440p screens and the OLED running as 4K retina is just the best Mac experience I've ever seen. Just amazing. Everything I've tested works flawlessly, even the HDMI audio through the AGA. I think I need to extend the Dell warranty to the max because this should last me a loooong time. I'll post more details after cleaning things up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back