Alienware M11x R1
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo SU7300
Graphics
GT335M (discreet)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Windows Phone
Just want to post this as it took me a while to go from El Capitan to Sierra on this machine, but I followed the Direct method here and was successful... on my second attempt.

The first time I tried direct upgrade, I failed to read about the Rehabman updates for VoodooPS2Controller.kext, and found myself in an infinite Kernel Panic. No matter what I tried, it somehow got deeply put into Cache somewhere that I could not find and remove after many attempts and different ways.

I ended up just doing a rebuild with 10.11 and not putting VoodoPS2Controller.kext onto the system prior to direct upgrade. Now I just need to work it back in hopefully with his updates and instructions.

I think that I was lucky to get this working on this old machine. Was a lot of fun to do though and found myself in UEFI Shell doing some questionable things :D

I have several things not working (IEEE, Bluetooth, Wifi, sound), but that's ok...

WP_20170813_001.jpg

Just want to post this as it took me a while to go from El Capitan to Sierra on this machine, but I followed the Direct method here and was successful... on my second attempt.

The first time I tried direct upgrade, I failed to read about the Rehabman updates for VoodooPS2Controller.kext, and found myself in an infinite Kernel Panic. No matter what I tried, it somehow got deeply put into Cache somewhere that I could not find and remove after many attempts and different ways.

I ended up just doing a rebuild with 10.11 and not putting VoodoPS2Controller.kext onto the system prior to direct upgrade. Now I just need to work it back in hopefully with his updates and instructions.

I think that I was lucky to get this working on this old machine. Was a lot of fun to do though and found myself in UEFI Shell doing some questionable things :D

I have several things not working (IEEE, Bluetooth, Wifi, sound), but that's ok...

WP_20170813_001.jpg

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

WP_20170813_001.jpg

Hello, sorry to bother, hope you are still around enough you can take a second and help me.

Do you have the EFI folder and exact BIOS settings to get this model to boot up? All working screenshots show the dell nvidia working which leads me to think discrete is correct but also specifically how the dell nvidia 335?

I can't seem to get it to happen. This is not my first hackintosh. Im trying to do latest high sierra 10.13.4.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back