Contribute
Register

Alienware Alpha - almost 100% Functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello im having issues can you guys please help me? I can get the installer to load and install Yosemite OS X 10.10.4 but when i go to boot the OS it doesn't load. Every time i use the flags "-v nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No" i can get it to kinda go but it freezes after a bluetooth controller started i think its because of the patch kernel but i cant patch it if i cant get into the OS X i tried using clover instead of Unibeast but clover doesnt even let me go into the installer.. Been trying to get it to work for the last 8 hours and its driving me insane maybe one of you guys can help me thanks.
are you on the i3 model?

Hey man. Can you do a screenshot of your "About my Mac"

my graphics card sections states i have 0mb on my 860m. I followed your tutorial with the kexts and drivers but i did it using CLOVER method not Unibeast.

Maybe Rehabman can help out too with my problem. Check my DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml (3) and config.plist on the attachment.

Drivers i Used: NVIDIA web drivers
Kexts Used/Installed on my system:

- Mieze's rtl8111.kext
- HMDI audio (
http://patrovic.com/HDMIAudio-1.0.dmg)
- Rehabman's USB kext - (https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-...usb3/downloads)
- Rehabman's FakeID kexts for my bcm94352z

Here is my about my mac screenshot:

Switched to clover. Uncheck Inject Nvidia ID in clover configurator and save your config file and it will show 2047 MB

Hi Im new to all this but have a late 2014 alienware alpha which I would love to make into a hackintosh,

I'm not brilliant when i comes to changing settings etc and using th terminal etc, could anyone do a text or video step by step guide

Thanks

:headbang:

Hi Im new to all this but have a late 2014 alienware alpha which I would love to make into a hackintosh,

I'm not brilliant when i comes to changing settings etc and using th terminal etc, could anyone do a text or video step by step guide

Thanks

:headbang:

Sure, I can work on one. I will not be using this guide however as the Clover alternative works much better for the i7 model. Are you using the i7 model?

Switched to clover. Uncheck Inject Nvidia ID in clover configurator and save your config file and it will show 2047 MB

Is it difficult to switch to clover from Chimera? Do I have to reinstall using a Clover USB or just run Clover Configurator on my running Yosemite install (I used your post #1 method to install. Thanks!). I have the i3 and sometimes I get freezes which I believe might be because of my USB audio (I have nice speakers that only take 3.5mm jacks), which supposedly Clover fixes.

Thanks all!

Is it difficult to switch to clover from Chimera? Do I have to reinstall using a Clover USB or just run Clover Configurator on my running Yosemite install (I used your post #1 method to install. Thanks!). I have the i3 and sometimes I get freezes which I believe might be because of my USB audio (I have nice speakers that only take 3.5mm jacks), which supposedly Clover fixes.

Thanks all!

It depends. Is your chimera installed to the EFI partition?

im new to this whole thing how do i patch the kernal i try putting the codes into terminal but it says it cant find that directory???

Could you check if your bluetooth work after you put in the bcm94352z? Mine never get works even in WIN8. LOOks like the motherboard have trouble in detecting my bluetooth. Thank you!

the same problem ,bcm94352z bluetooth never get works even in WIN8. have you fixed it?

hey man.. i screwed up my setup. would you be able to list down the steps of what you did with clover installation. i cannot get mine to work again. ill make a video after i install it properly again.

This guide makes no sense to me. How much time do you boot the MAC OS X and at what boot do you install the kernel.?:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back