Contribute
Register

Alienware Alpha - almost 100% Functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLVED - rather than going on a wild sheeps' chase, try to just reflash the bios.
Doing so, magically made the El Capitan installer boot for me.

Followed the El Capitan guide for getting the Unibeast drive up. Patching the kernel doesn't work for whatever reason. Attempting to boot installer in Clover, with or without the flags added to Clover options > Boot args yields bootlooping. It stays on the black screen with the Apple logo for about a minute, then reboots to Clover again. Build is identical to OP.

Steps taken:

1. Unibeast El Capitan created, attempted with both GUID and MBR (both yielded same result) with Legacy Support
2. Edit BIOS outlined in the guide with the exception of "Other OS" as legacy BIOS doesn't have on Alpha (Secure Boot DISABLED; vt-d DISABLED; Legacy Boot; USB primary boot)
3. Reboot
4. Clover boots
5. Clover Options > Boot args > nv_disable=1 first attempt; nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No second attempt
6. Black screen with Apple logo for a minute
7. Reboot loop back to Clover

Any guidance is appreciated.

@willerz2
Without more details nobody will be able to really help you. Try booting with argument "-v", so you can see how far you get in the boot and where it fails. Try reading/learning a bit more on the site.
-I do not trust Unibeast and went with the clover guide.
-For boot options, just nv_disable is sufficient.
-I had to reset the bios and remove a second ram stick to successfully install 10.11.3

Now I am getting seemingly random Kernel panics ;( and bluetooth sometimes will not work at all (using a usb dongle)

were is your clover folder????

Hi guys, first post. So I've just successful made my Alienware alpha i7 into a hackintosh. I followed the El Capitan method using unibeast and multibeast and got it to work perfectly! This thread has been so handy in troubleshooting bits that didn't work initially but I've pretty much got it all sorted! I did restart it a few times without a problem then it failed to boot, but popped the USB drive back in and it worked so I'll troubleshoot and fix that tomorrow. Anyone needs any help or whatever, I'm happy to help.

UPDATE

So I had a play with the alpha this morning and my findings are;

Logic Pro x (main reason for the hack) will not open at all. I have this on my actual iMac (late 2009) and it works albeit slowly.

Mouse cursor randomly switches between small and huge.

And it will not boot without the USB.

Think it might be back to Windows for now

Last edited:
Can anyone possibly make a video doing this installation for Mac os on their alienware because I am having trouble understanding it. So if anyone can possibly record them showing how to do the installation on their alienware alpha that would be much appreciated. :)

willerz2 type in xhci=disable as well as the other boot flag. i am running clover and it booted up with to the desktop. still trying to figure out usb 3.0 issues

can someone please share their Clover EFI folder? Im getting the OsxAptioFixDrv error, it is very frustrating :(
JjLN0iP.jpg

Last edited:
No USB issues so far.. Must be a clover thing..

Heres what i did:

followed instructions on this to make Bootable Clover Installation (http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html)

Followed:

Steps 1 to 2a - and on step 1 Use my Clover Folder (it does have your boot flags and kext needed also note that i am using a broadcom compatible wifi card got it from amazon, just delete that kext if you dont have the same card as mine)

Then go to BIOS settings - Enable UEFI then secure boot disabled. then turn off the alpha.. press f12 select the bootable UEFI usb. should be able to select the installation.

then for kexts.. i basically used your kexts

Were is your clover folder download???

I cant get the audio to work could you please help...
Im on Alienware alpha with: Realtek ALC3220-CG
(Im using HDMI for Audio)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back