Contribute
Register

Alienware 17 R3

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is booting the freshly made installer. I've removed GenericUSBXHCI.kext. is it worth a rerun or was it 'ignored' before?

Read post #29.

ah, yes. i read it in my email and it was truncated. OK so you previously suggested that the SSDT containing 'XHC stuff' (SSDT3 in my set) was the likely cause and that i should try dropping it. Your preferred method was to use DropOem=true then put all of the OEM SSDT's (except the offender) in ACPI/patched folder? does this sound right?
i will do a fresh extract using Clover F4 as this is a fresh
ly prepared USB

OK so you previously suggested that the SSDT containing 'XHC stuff' (SSDT3 in my set) was the likely cause and that i should try dropping it. Your preferred method was to use DropOem=true then put all of the OEM SSDT's (except the offender) in ACPI/patched folder? does this sound right?

Correct. Because you're going to have to patch them anyway...

ok so i decompiled and re-identified XHC referenced SSDT as #3
copied all of the SSDT/DSDT to patched (except SSDT3) and added Flag to config.plist as below
Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 17.46.52.png
then ran the installer which paused at bluetooth transport
dropped SSDT3 1.jpg

and then had a nice 'no entry' crash (sorry about the pic but i was caught off guard...)dropped SSDT3 2.jpg

clover ZIP attached here CLOVER.zip

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 137
ok so i decompiled and re-identified XHC referenced SSDT as #3
copied all of the SSDT/DSDT to patched (except SSDT3) and added Flag to config.plist as below
View attachment 212816
then ran the installer which paused at bluetooth transport
View attachment 212813

and then had a nice 'no entry' crash (sorry about the pic but i was caught off guard...)View attachment 212814

clover ZIP attached here CLOVER.zip

It is "still waiting for root device". It is a USB problem.

Try all USB ports, both with USB2 and USB3 installer.
Try also USBInjectAll.kext.

Also, see guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

USBInjectAll.kext had same outcome (waiting for root)

trying other USB ports although i only have a USB stick as my others are 8Gb USB2

i saw a line further up about port limit reached - not creating other 11 ports?

USBInjectAll.kext had same outcome (waiting for root)

trying other USB ports although i only have a USB stick as my others are 8Gb USB2

i saw a line further up about port limit reached - not creating other 11 ports?

Read USB guide.
Typical Skylake USB3 would be that USB3 would likely not work due to the port limit.

An 8GB USB2 can work if it is a "large 8GB".
Not sure what you mean by "only have a USB stick".

i meant a USB 3 stick. tried all ports. i tried 8GB USB and it refused
i read USB guide (doesn't mean i understood it) and it looks like my config.plist is already renaming EHC to EH0.
so do i need to create an injector for my system? or should USBInjectAll be covering that anyway.
so apply a patch for port limit?

i meant a USB 3 stick. tried all ports. i tried 8GB USB and it refused
i read USB guide (doesn't mean i understood it) and it looks like my config.plist is already renaming EHC to EH0.
so do i need to create an injector for my system? or should USBInjectAll be covering that anyway.
so apply a patch for port limit?

Use a USB2 16GB stick (large 8GB sticks are hard to find).
Like I said, USB3 not likely to work on Skylake without fully customized USB setup.
There is no EHCI controllers on Skylake, so renaming EHCx->EH0x is nonsense.
If you insist on using a USB3 stick, you could try the port limit patch as well as USBInjectAll.kext with -uia_exclude_hs (USB2 will not work).

ok I'm going to order a 16GB USB2 but in the meantime I've added fix for port limit (lifted from the 'Cloned' EFI earlier

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>change 15 port limit to 30 in AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>

<key>Find</key>

<data>

g72M/v//EA==

</data>

<key>Name</key>

<string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>

g72M/v//Hw==

</data>

</dict>

USBInjectAll.kext with -uia_exclude_hs (USB2 will not work)

how do i implement this argument?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back