Contribute
Register

Alienware 15R2 with MacOs Sierra 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rehabman , i got the value , the bios value , atached a pic , what should be the command to type correctly !?

Here is the image .

Index is 0x21a.
So to change to 128mb (example):
Code:
setup_var 0x21a 0x4

I entered 0x21A ( cause is caps A in there ) 0x4 and got an error .
Did not think of taking picture , but said not find , and that was disconsiderred

I entered 0x21A ( cause is caps A in there ) 0x4 and got an error .
Did not think of taking picture , but said not find , and that was disconsiderred

Need photo. Case does not matter.

Here it is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 94
And how can I correct this ? I used the tools that were in the guide .
It is the same Bios that is on my laptop A06 , comes as an .exe so i had to use the phoenixtool.exe on the Bios exe itself , then extracted the files necessary as in the guide , then I looked for the files that would contain this info ( I have diffrent files as the ones on guide ) .
Want to give it a try yourself ? Or what should I do ?

And how can I correct this ? I used the tools that were in the guide .
It is the same Bios that is on my laptop A06 , comes as an .exe so i had to use the phoenixtool.exe on the Bios exe itself , then extracted the files necessary as in the guide , then I looked for the files that would contain this info ( I have diffrent files as the ones on guide ) .
Want to give it a try yourself ? Or what should I do ?

You should double check your work.

That is what I do now again , with hope to find a clue .

Did you do an IFR extract from a backup of the actual BIOS image installed on the computer?

Did you do an IFR extract from a backup of the actual BIOS image installed on the computer?
I never updated my bios , was already updated from the guy I got the laptop , but is the same bios used from my service tag , should I maybe flash this bios first ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back