Contribute
Register

Alienware 15R2 with MacOs Sierra 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Framebuffer is patched via config.plist/KernelAndKextsPatches/KextsToPatch.

Same process to change DVMT-prealloc for Broadwell/Haswell/etc (BIOS extract, IFR extract, special UEFI shell). Yes... it is risky.
TO patch it , what exactly I have to do ?
I give it a look at the guide for broadwell then and hope for the best hehe !

Define "it"
"It"=framebuffer(I know , I need to learn to write precise and not the lazy way , sorry for that ! ) , I only get there lots of numbers from 0 to 15 . What exactly I am supposed to do to patch it ?

"It"=framebuffer(I know , I need to learn to write precise and not the lazy way , sorry for that ! ) ,

There are example framebuffer patches in the plists provided by the guide (they are disabled, of course).

I only get there lots of numbers from 0 to 15 . What exactly I am supposed to do to patch it ?

I don't know what you mean by "lots of numbers from 0 to 15"...

There are example framebuffer patches in the plists provided by the guide (they are disabled, of course).

I don't know what you mean by "lots of numbers from 0 to 15"...
Under KextsToPatch , I found at nr 2 , was the 128 mb DVMT and the ...0008 Ig platform , selected under disable tab to " NO " :D So I assume it is patched now . the way you would write it I assume ForceKextsToLoad/KextsToPatch/2/disabled/NO(Right?) Getting the hang of this !
All I have to do now is change my DVMT to 128 , If i manage to open my bios and find the relevant info .

Under KextsToPatch , I found at nr 2 , was the 128 mb DVMT and the ...0008 Ig platform , selected under disable tab to " NO " :D So I assume it is patched now . the way you would write it I assume ForceKextsToLoad/KextsToPatch/2/disabled/NO(Right?) Getting the hang of this !

Yes, but keep in mind that you cannot use that patch until you have DVMT-prealloc actually set to 128mb.

Also, Clover's KextsToPatch works only for kexts that are in cache.
To get the framebuffer in cache, it is necessary to use a specific procedure:
- boot using an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678 works well for this)
- rebuild cache
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
- boot normally

All I have to do now is change my DVMT to 128 , If i manage to open my bios and find the relevant info .

Proceed with caution. Setting the wrong index/wrong value can brick your laptop.

Where Do I find the Cpus=1? under what ? I try finding it , And cannot find it . I belive I must have it disabled or removed?

Where Do I find the Cpus=1? under what ? I try finding it , And cannot find it . I belive I must have it disabled or removed?

You shouldn't really need cpus=1 with a correct Clover setup.
But it is cpus=1 (not Cpus=1) and is specified in config.plist/Boot/Arguments as all kernel flags are.

You shouldn't really need cpus=1 with a correct Clover setup.
But it is cpus=1 (not Cpus=1) and is specified in config.plist/Boot/Arguments as all kernel flags are.
(Yes , you are correct , I must learn the difference in code with case sensitivity ) .Seems I do not have it , so then it is great ! I learn more every day ! thank you for not giving me all easy , I appreciate learning more about this and actually understanding it , rather than just do it .
I will try Sunday fix the DVMT situation , There is a guy with absolute same laptop , and has a thread you helped hi , maybe he has some help to offer there as seemed he managed to change hi's .
Have a great evening at we keep in touch ! I am not giving up ! haha !

(Yes , you are correct , I must learn the difference in code with case sensitivity ) .Seems I do not have it , so then it is great ! I learn more every day ! thank you for not giving me all easy , I appreciate learning more about this and actually understanding it , rather than just do it .
I will try Sunday fix the DVMT situation , There is a guy with absolute same laptop , and has a thread you helped hi , maybe he has some help to offer there as seemed he managed to change hi's .
Have a great evening at we keep in touch ! I am not giving up ! haha !
Rehabman , i got the value , the bios value , atached a pic , what should be the command to type correctly !?

Here is the image .

Attachments

• IMG_0639.JPG
    IMG_0639.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 115
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back