Motherboard
Acer Aspire E5-476G (OpenCore)
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
Intel UHD620 + Nvidia MX150 (1366x768)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all, I am using Acer E5-476G that have ALC255 audio codec. In Windows and Linux I can have Combo Jack (Headset/ Earphone with Mic/TRRS) working. But external mic with combo jack not work in OSX with AppleALC (headphone out working, ext mic not work), I tried all of layout id. Then I try to fix this by create my own XML. I found that node 18 for int mic, 20 for int speaker, and 33 for headphone out. But I confuse because I can't decide nodes for external mic in combo jack. Please help me to fix my issues. I attach my codec dump from Linux and PinConfigOverride from Windows below.
Thank you.

Attachments

• codec_dump.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 192
  • PinConfigOverride.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 140
Hi all, I am using Acer E5-476G that have ALC255 audio codec. In Windows and Linux I can have Combo Jack (Headset/ Earphone with Mic/TRRS) working. But external mic with combo jack not work in OSX with AppleALC (headphone out working, ext mic not work), I tried all of layout id. Then I try to fix this by create my own XML. I found that node 18 for int mic, 20 for int speaker, and 33 for headphone out. But I confuse because I can't decide nodes for external mic in combo jack. Please help me to fix my issues. I attach my codec dump from Linux and PinConfigOverride from Windows below.
Thank you.

Try Mirone's AppleALC patcher.
It is linked from the FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I use AppleALC with Mirone's setting right now (layout 3). But sound cracking with noise after sleep and need to be patched manually by using "hda-verb 0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25" in terminal. I tried to set SendDelay in CodecCommander using value 300, 1000, 10000, and waiting according that time after wake. But sound still need to be patched manually.
I tried wiith AppleALC version 1.2.4, 1.2.7, 1.2.8, 1.3.1 but still same at all.
Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_29044.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 117
I use AppleALC with Mirone's setting right now (layout 3). But sound cracking with noise after sleep and need to be patched manually by using "hda-verb 0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25" in terminal. I tried to set SendDelay in CodecCommander using value 300, 1000, 10000, and waiting according that time after wake. But sound still need to be patched manually.
I tried wiith AppleALC version 1.2.4, 1.2.7, 1.2.8, 1.3.1 but still same at all.
Any suggestions?

Thank you.

You can send custom verbs with CodecCommander configuration.
Refer to SSDTs in the CodecCommander repo for examples.

You can send custom verbs with CodecCommander configuration.
Refer to SSDTs in the CodecCommander repo for examples.
I just tried and still have cracking noise after sleep.
Here are my problem reporting files.

Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_17233.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 139
I just tried and still have cracking noise after sleep.
Here are my problem reporting files.

Thank you.

Up to you to determine the correct verbs/correct nodes and customize CodeCommander configuration (with SSDT) as appropriate.

You will need to have a solid understanding of the HDA specification.

Also, you will need to describe your problem in detail (I have no idea what you exactly mean by "cracking noise after sleep").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back