Contribute
Register

Airport Atheros AR9280 (168c/002a) is always disabled in OSX 10.9.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Since there are no debug traces from ACPIDebug for your _Qxx methods, then we can assume that key is not handled via ACPI. Therefore handled internally via the EC (consider it a hardware switch).

Make sure you are patient enough after switching (eg. don't switch it on/off/on/off and expect instant results).

You might try additional DSDT patches: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
"OS Check Fix" (could be related to this issue)
"HPET Fix" (not likely related to this issue)
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2" (not likely related to this issue)
"Fix PNOT/PPNT"

Ok I did this, no change.

Ok I did this, no change.

Did you do this too?

Me said:
Make sure you are patient enough after switching (eg. don't switch it on/off/on/off and expect instant results).

Also, make sure you have not tampered with the system kexts for networking.

Otherwise, out of ideas...

Anyway rehabman, thanks for your time!

One question regarding the functionality of dsdt/acpi: there is heavy dsdt code for the Sony snc power management device inside... Could I call some of these functions from another place, e.g. Snc._ini ? There is no snc device driver available for osx, so without the driver, nothing would happen?

Anyway rehabman, thanks for your time!

One question regarding the functionality of dsdt/acpi: there is heavy dsdt code for the Sony snc power management device inside... Could I call some of these functions from another place, e.g. Snc._ini ? There is no snc device driver available for osx, so without the driver, nothing would happen?

What is Sony "snc"?

http://www.linux.it/~malattia/wiki/index.php/Sony-laptop (it's the reason why also the internal screen never works on osx accelerated)

But since WLAN is working on osx 10.6.8, it must be another reason.... Do there exists legacy kexts for ar9280/10.9.4? Seems that the whole driver structure changed vs. 10.6.8... Before it was atheros21.kext, now it atheros4.kext?

http://www.linux.it/~malattia/wiki/index.php/Sony-laptop (it's the reason why also the internal screen never works on osx accelerated)

Hm...

But since WLAN is working on osx 10.6.8, it must be another reason.... Do there exists legacy kexts for ar9280/10.9.4? Seems that the whole driver structure changed vs. 10.6.8... Before it was atheros21.kext, now it atheros4.kext?

Yes. It has changed... but it still works.

I think it is likely you installed a replacement kext for IO8211Family.kext and forgot about it.

You should try a fresh install.

I now see that I have the Atheros AR5B93 that behaves like an 168c / 002a device... Is this normal? Or did I flash it with another firmware years ago and I cannot remember ? :)

I now see that I have the Atheros AR5B93 that behaves like an 168c / 002a device... Is this normal? Or did I flash it with another firmware years ago and I cannot remember ? :)

AR5B93 (AR9283), native device id is 168c:002a.

AR5B93 (AR9283), native device id is 168c:002a.

...So it also should work out of the box? Very strange.......??!?? Can I take the working Atheros21.kext from 10.6.8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back