Contribute
Register

Airplay Mirror Black Screen on Output Device

Try using iMac18,1 and enable IGPU.
thank so much!

I am currently using iMac19,1, and the airplay function is normal. However, Appletv and AppleMusic cannot function properly. use:
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes
It can solve the above two problems, but sometimes there may be situations where airplay cannot be connected to homepod.

thank so much!

I am currently using iMac19,1, and the airplay function is normal. However, Appletv and AppleMusic cannot function properly. use:
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes
It can solve the above two problems, but sometimes there may be situations where airplay cannot be connected to homepod.

You should not need to use that Terminal command. Make sure IGPU is configured correctly as headless.

You should not need to use that Terminal command. Make sure IGPU is configured correctly as headless.
I have tried, but it has not resolved the issue of TV and AppleMusic not working properly.
This is the configuration of IGPU:

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>
AwCRPg==
</data>
<key>device-id</key>
<data>
mz4AAA==
</data>
<key>enable-metal</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>rps-control</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
</dict>

I have tried, but it has not resolved the issue of TV and AppleMusic not working properly.
This is the configuration of IGPU:

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>
AwCRPg==
</data>
<key>device-id</key>
<data>
mz4AAA==
</data>
<key>enable-metal</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>rps-control</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
</dict>

Try deleting all of that. Leave it blank.

This is what your IGPU device properties you posted above look like in ProperTree:

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 17.20.33.png

This is all you need to set the IGPU to use a Headless/Empty Framebuffer:

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 17.20.51.png

Try deleting all of that. Leave it blank.
Thank so much !

After going home today, I followed your prompts and made the necessary modifications. Even without using instructions, I was unable to use the TV.app. Just click on play and it will flash back

Thank so much !

After going home today, I followed your prompts and made the necessary modifications. Even without using instructions, I was unable to use the TV.app. Just click on play and it will flash back

Does AirPlay work?

Yes, Airplay is working properly

Hmm... Please try with iMacPro1,1 system definition and IGPU disabled in BIOS. Do not use any other DRM tricks.

Back