Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B150N-WIFI
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700
Graphics
HD630
I've manually turned on airdrop after mavericks installation on my pc and was able to discover other mac devices i.e. macbook pro. However from those devices my pc can't be detected. Anyone having the same issue? :crazy:

Where is the option to turn it on?

Simply open a terminal window and enter the following command:

defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 1

If for any reason you wish to remove the AirDrop functionality, enter the following command:

defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 0

Then you just need to do a force relaunch of Finder airdrop option will appear. Give it a try and please report back if you were facing the exactly same issue :angel:

It works from ethernet to WIFI, say from PC to a MacBook Pro but not the other way around. I enabled this trick as well and can drop files from one computer via ethernet on both ends but not from my MacBook Pro on WIFI to ethernet. Gonna look into it more.

It is an easy way to drop files on a network even via ethernet as an alternative.

It works from ethernet to WIFI, say from PC to a MacBook Pro but not the other way around...

Thanks for your reply and looking forward to your further investigation - just to share bit more info, both my PC and macbook pro connects via wifi, but only transferring from macbook pro to pc is possible.

My Hackintosh is on Mavericks 10.9.4

In Airdrop:

I can see my Hackintosh on my MacBook Pro.
I can see my MBP on my Hackintosh.

I can send files from Hackintosh to MBP.
But I CAN'T send files from MBP to Hackintosh.

When I send files from MBP to Hackintosh, on my MBP it says it is waiting for "hackintosh" to accept... but on my Hackintosh nothing happen...

Can someone help me??

Thanx!

But I CAN'T send files from MBP to Hackintosh.

I finaly found why ....the firewall on my hackintosh was "on"... I turned it off and now it works...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back