Contribute
Register

After installing fakesmc and nullcpu no keyboard and touchpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i did clear caches with kext wizard, no change, still only getting QE with bootflag -f. By the Way, how can we verify if ssdt works properly? cause my system still shuts off sometimes,

Check your Console system.log while doing the Rebuild cache in Kext Wizard to make sure there is not something wrong with /S/L/E and the kext cache is being rebuilt properly.

And the SSDT isn't doing you any good until you get rid of NullCPUPowerManagement and install patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (be sure to check the other things mentioned in a previous post of mine).

Once you have your system booting with power management present, you can test it with msrdumper.kext: http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-desk...peedstep-sandy-bridge-cpus-using-msrdump.html

any more ideas that i have to use -f? and if it has any disadvantage for the system if i going to set it in org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

Disadvantage is longer boot times. And what you set in Boot.plist is UseKernelCache=No.

Also i like to know if i have to use more patches cause im using a sandy bridge processor. With other patches i mean: (yeah you know which site this is but only using it for patching dsdt)

DSDT patches are for fixing issues that you actually have, sometimes as an alternative to using various kexts/enablers. If you have no issues addressed by DSDT patches, then you don't apply them.

I got patched intelcpupowermanagement and it does boot with it (installed from multibeast).
I got keyboard working with ps2 drive from multibeast
I got videocard working with patched dsdt with imei and duallink. (but only qe if i boot with -f) if i use the UseKernalCahce=No it doesnt work. really only with -f.

Did cleared the caches again, i only dont know if i have to install the hd3000 patch in multibeast foor 7-series mainboard cause i dont know if i have 6 or 7 series mainboard) i tried google but no result

i did installed the intel graphics patch in multibeast earlier so i dont know if that could be the problem

still strage that if i boot form usb it all works ? cant i use some files form that usbif yes, whichc onces?

still strage that if i boot form usb it all works ? cant i use some files form that usbif yes, whichc onces?

You could look at the USB's /Extra/Extensions for clues. But a lot of it you don't want for general use...

Exact same problem for me.

Mavericks install, patched DSDT for HD4000 and battery management (Thanks rehabMan!) and ELAN touchpad & keyboard worked fine.

Used multibeast 6.2.1 for bootloader (used DSDT option with default settings other than laptop hibernation mode), patched PatchedAppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. Keyboard & touchpad stopped working. Back into Multibeast & applies PS2 kext, keyboard working again, no touch pad.

-f boot flag from chimera 2.2.1 loader & touch pad works great!?

Exact same problem for me.

Mavericks install, patched DSDT for HD4000 and battery management (Thanks rehabMan!) and ELAN touchpad & keyboard worked fine.

Used multibeast 6.2.1 for bootloader (used DSDT option with default settings other than laptop hibernation mode), patched PatchedAppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. Keyboard & touchpad stopped working. Back into Multibeast & applies PS2 kext, keyboard working again, no touch pad.

-f boot flag from chimera 2.2.1 loader & touch pad works great!?

I have a Dell Precision M4700 and have similar issues...I would love some help with this...I had trackpad (ALPS Dell) and video card (Quadro K2000M) neither recognized under 10.9.3 I would love to know what has changed
I have not been able to boot without -f since Pre Mt. Lion...track pad has been trouble, but I had it working for 10.9.2, yet I cannot seem to get it back for 10.9.3...

the really frustrating part is the difference between booting with UNIBEAST and booting after MultiBeast. I have tried to find the kexts in the package contents on the UNIBEAST stick, but no go. I wish someone could either tell me WHY the trackpad works fine during installation but not after Multibeast, or just show me a fix that I can count on once and for all.

The first Mavericks install allowed the system to recognize my video card, the latest two updates or multibeasts have ended the recognition as the correct card, and no longer allows me to use an external monitor...

I think MultiBeast should have a feature that just installs the EXACT kexts used to boot from UNIBEAST. then I could better resolve this problem, or at least troubleshoot...

Please help or direct me to the correct threads...thanks ahead...

I have a Dell Precision M4700 and have similar issues...I would love some help with this...I had trackpad (ALPS Dell) and video card (Quadro K2000M) neither recognized under 10.9.3 I would love to know what has changed
I have not been able to boot without -f since Pre Mt. Lion...track pad has been trouble, but I had it working for 10.9.2, yet I cannot seem to get it back for 10.9.3...

You need to have ps2 kexts that work on Mavericks. Things change over time and the kexts you may have been using on ML may not work on Mavericks. Best if you know the source for them so you can build them yourself.

the really frustrating part is the difference between booting with UNIBEAST and booting after MultiBeast. I have tried to find the kexts in the package contents on the UNIBEAST stick, but no go.

They are in /Extra/Extensions on the USB.

I think MultiBeast should have a feature that just installs the EXACT kexts used to boot from UNIBEAST. then I could better resolve this problem, or at least troubleshoot...

The kexts used in Unibeast are not appropriate for long term use. They are intended to be generic enough to work on many computers, but not optimal for the final install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back