Contribute
Register

advice on my audio production build

Status
Not open for further replies.
jotef said:
ok very nice guys thank you!

One problem though. Suddenly my SL Install Disc doesn't get recognized anymore when I put it in my drive. It tries to load the cd three times but after that it gets spit out. All other discs work... Also the iBoot swapped for SL + F5 at startup doesn't work anymore. On my Windows notebook the disc gets recognized...
Anoyone else experienced the same???

It's a retail SL disc?

Vendetta said:
jotef said:
ok very nice guys thank you!

One problem though. Suddenly my SL Install Disc doesn't get recognized anymore when I put it in my drive. It tries to load the cd three times but after that it gets spit out. All other discs work... Also the iBoot swapped for SL + F5 at startup doesn't work anymore. On my Windows notebook the disc gets recognized...
Anoyone else experienced the same???

It's a retail SL disc?

yeah it's the 10.6.3 retail disc. the one I used for installation.

aero++ said:
looks not bad at all to me jotef :D

in the meantime i have good news for you, the extra cash you spent for the i7 was totally worth it. Now logic 9.1.3 handles pretty well multicores AND hypertreading.

tests made on a similar iMac machine reported around 70 tracks in evans test - that's very good (i get 21 on my macbookpro i5).

You hit a sweetspot as far as logic goes with your configuration!

just makes sure to use 9.1.3 (NOT 9.1.2) ;)

hi aero!

So I finally installed Logic 9.1.3 and run the evan file. I started Logic in 64 bit and with unmuting track number 73 i get a crash. So i would say my score is at 72 tracks. In 32 bit it crashes earlier. Do you recommend running logic in 64 bit?

Greetings

perfect!

that's exactly the kind of score you should have expected... just imagine my macbookpro i5 dragging behind at a mere 21 tracks :D

logic in 64 mode is faster and more efficient, however a lot of the third part plug ins are not 64bit native yet so everytime you open one you get a window pop up from the app the bridges them.

It's up to you, depends how many non-64 bit plug ins you are using and how nagging those windows are for you

anyway very happy to hear about your build, with that kind of headroom should last you a long time! :headbang:

hey guys!

Just wanted to say that everything still runs perfect :D

Just one little question though:

My computer is defined as MacPro 3,1. Are there any disadvantages to MacPro 4,1 and 5,1?
I'm little bit confused about these settings.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back