CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Hello again,

Would just like to double check compatibility of the components I've chosen before making the purchase. I would greatly appreciate any advice given. Components are:

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini R2

Motherboard: Gigabyte H370M D3H (mATX)

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500

CPU Cooler: Corsair H45

GPU: Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB (If needed)

Ram: Kingston Hyper-X Fury 2133MHz CL14 HX421C14FB2K2/16

SSD: Samsung 860 Pro 256GB

HDD: Western Digital 2TB Blue WD20EZRZ

PSU: Corsair TX650M

I am planning on using the motherboard built in graphics as I would not consider myself a high demand user on graphics. The GPU listed would be used only if needed. If any other info is required please let me know.

Also I have 2 questions:
1.) Is the CPU I have chosen ok? The buyers guide lists the Intel Core i5 8400, but not the 8500. I do not need the 8500K as I will not be overclocking. Or is it any of the Coffee Lake series CPUs.

2.) Will the Logitech Pro Stream C922 webcam work with this build? I cannot find any info in the forums on this model, only the Logitech C920.

Thank you for any and all replies.

If anyone has the time to look at this information, that would be great.

Hello again,

Would just like to double check compatibility of the components I've chosen before making the purchase. I would greatly appreciate any advice given. Components are:

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini R2

Motherboard: Gigabyte H370M D3H (mATX)

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500

CPU Cooler: Corsair H45

GPU: Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB (If needed)

Ram: Kingston Hyper-X Fury 2133MHz CL14 HX421C14FB2K2/16

SSD: Samsung 860 Pro 256GB

HDD: Western Digital 2TB Blue WD20EZRZ

PSU: Corsair TX650M

I am planning on using the motherboard built in graphics as I would not consider myself a high demand user on graphics. The GPU listed would be used only if needed. If any other info is required please let me know.

Also I have 2 questions:
1.) Is the CPU I have chosen ok? The buyers guide lists the Intel Core i5 8400, but not the 8500. I do not need the 8500K as I will not be overclocking. Or is it any of the Coffee Lake series CPUs.

2.) Will the Logitech Pro Stream C922 webcam work with this build? I cannot find any info in the forums on this model, only the Logitech C920.

Thank you for any and all replies.

(1) The build should work with MacOS High Sierra. The i5 8500 was only recently released but since it is from the Coffee Lake family it should work like the 8400.

Thank you Jamesbond007

Hello,
C922 Pro Stream Webcam works very well on my HighSierra.
On Mojave also.

Frederic
Hello fredericz,

Thanks for the input. I have since finished my build with many changes in hardware than originally posted as I was not able to get some of those items. I am using the Logitech C920 Webcam on Mojave and it worked OOB.

Thaigyver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back