Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H
CPU
I7 -3700K
Graphics
HD-4000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Can any one give advice for the best operating system suites on Power Mac G5 A1117.

This is gift received from the friend in new year,which has no hard drive and power cable,is it possible to install Windows 8 on power Mac G5.

Attachments

• Power-Mac-G5-tower.jpg
    Power-Mac-G5-tower.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 5,203
Can any one give advice for the best operating system suites on Power Mac G5 A1117.

This is gift received from the friend in new year,which has no hard drive and power cable,is it possible to install Windows 8 on power Mac G5.

No, a Power Mac G5 has a Motorola G5 processor, which is completely and utterly incompatible with Windows. You can probably find a version of Linux or BSD Unix to run on it if you don't want to stick with Mac OS.

Beautiful system (although I'm guessing that's a stock photo). It's an IBM PowerPC CPU so you won't be able to install Windows on it. Unfortunately it has severely outdated hardware. Perhaps consider just reusing the case?

Thanks for the reply,which mac version best suit on Powermac G5 A1117

OSX 10.4 runs well on most PowerPC G3, G4 and G5 systems. Your G5 can also run OSX 10.5 - although it's fairly expensive in the used market because not many people upgraded to 10.5. It's been awhile since I checked, but OSX 10.4 was commonly available for $25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back