EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello people!

I just want to start off by saying thank you in advance! But off to my topic. This is going to be my first hackintosh build. I've been doing a lot of research lately on dual booting and its coming down to doing it. I just wanted to see if I can get any advice on proceeding with the dual boot. Here is my part list.

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H
Intel i7-4770k
G.SKILL RIPJAWS X 16GB (4x4GB)
2x Samsung 840 evo SSD 250GB
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SC

I have been reading that the best way to go about this is to have them on separate hard drives. So I am wondering how should I approach the install. I am kind of new to all of this. So please don't flame on me. Also, should I purchased the full retail version of Windows 8.1 pro? or should I go with the Windows 8.1 pro system builder 64 bit?

Thank you!

Hello people!

I just want to start off by saying thank you in advance! But off to my topic. This is going to be my first hackintosh build. I've been doing a lot of research lately on dual booting and its coming down to doing it. I just wanted to see if I can get any advice on proceeding with the dual boot. Here is my part list.

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H
Intel i7-4770k
G.SKILL RIPJAWS X 16GB (4x4GB)
2x Samsung 840 evo SSD 250GB
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SC

I have been reading that the best way to go about this is to have them on separate hard drives. So I am wondering how should I approach the install. I am kind of new to all of this. So please don't flame on me. Also, should I purchased the full retail version of Windows 8.1 pro? or should I go with the Windows 8.1 pro system builder 64 bit?

Thank you!

See the sticky guide at the top of this forum. It has both separate and single drive procedures.
And yes, I highly recommend separate drives.

The retail boxed version includes some software and has a nice box. The pro builder version has a cardboard wrapper around a plastic disc case with the install DVD inside.
Take your pick. Myself, I have no use for the software, so I go for the less expensive version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back