Contribute
Register

Adobe Premiere CC Enable CUDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm also wondering.. did you find a solution?

i'm also wondering.. did you find a solution?

What are you still trying enable? I have no problems with Adobe CC 2015 and CUDA in Yosemite or El Capitan using a GTX 970.

Help guys!
In my CC2015 Premiere Content folder there isn't any cuda_supported_cards.txt file! It must be somewhere else.
(For example in AE CC2015 the raytracer_supported_cards.txt file is no more in Content folder - like for CC2014 - but in Content/Resources folder.)
Do you know where is the Premiere CC2015's cuda_supported_cards.txt file is?
Thanks
Thank you very much for reporting on the location of the raytracer_supported_cards.txt in AECC2015. So I quit After Effects CC 2015 and added my card to the file by using this command with vim:
Code:
sudo vim /Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC\ 2015/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC\ 2015.app/Contents/Resource/raytracer_supported_cards.txt
OR with nano
Code:
sudo nano /Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC\ 2015/Adobe\ After\  Effects\ CC\ 2015.app/Contents/Resource/raytracer_supported_cards.txt
I was then able to select GPU under After Effects CC > Preferences > Preview > GPU Information.

See here: GPU Information for enabling GPU Acceleration in After Effects CC 2015.1
Screen Shot 2016-01-16 at 10.59.24 PM.png
So now do you guys know wheter this setting I changed is only going to change my preview settings, or my actual render settings too?
And for Premiere Pro CC I had the possibility of choosing CUDA graphics acceleration right in the New Project Menu suggesting that I don't acutally need to change the file for that to work. Is that backed by any evidence?

New Project Menu CUDA Premiere Pro CC 2015.1
Untitled.png

I hope I was able to be of some help. I would love to receive a reply on the usability of CUDA in Premiere Pro CC 2015.1 and possibly even if it is possible to use only my secondary GPU for rendering in Premiere Pro, as I usually run a SLI setup on Windows and would like to utilize the extra power for rendering.

Thank you very much for reporting on the location of the raytracer_supported_cards.txt in AECC2015. So I quit After Effects CC 2015 and added my card to the file by using this command with vim:
Code:
sudo vim /Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC\ 2015/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC\ 2015.app/Contents/Resource/raytracer_supported_cards.txt
[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=2][FONT=tahoma]
[/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

For those like me who don't know [URL="http://www.howtogeek.com/102468/a-beginners-guide-to-editing-text-files-with-vi/"]how to use vim[/URL]:

Press "i" to begin to edit.
Press escape when done editting.
Press :wq to save and exit

Also for me, the folder raytracer was in wasn't "Resource", but "Resources":
[FONT=tahoma]sudo vim /Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC\ 2015/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC\ 2015.app/Contents/Resources/raytracer_supported_cards.txt[/FONT]

Personally, I was able to successfully edit the raytracer file and add "GeForce GTX 580", but for some reason the GPU is still greyed out in the After Effects preferences.  Sad face.

Hi, I need help. I don't active gpu - cuda, I have a Quadro FX 4800, ...

*He buscado toda la información que he podido, lo he intentado todo,...
... y creo que en el la segunda imagen que añado esta el problema...
(...text gpusniffer)

Please help me!!

This is my email... [email protected] // Contact for me... for connect via teamviewer, ... I don't know to do more.

Thanks

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2016-08-20 a las 5.32.10.png
    Captura de pantalla 2016-08-20 a las 5.32.10.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 510
  • Captura de pantalla 2016-08-20 a las 5.37.10.png
    Captura de pantalla 2016-08-20 a las 5.37.10.png
    89.6 KB · Views: 443
Don't know if anyone ever figured this out...

I've got a fresh build of 10.12.2 running After effects 13.8.1, here's a screenshot of my After Effects GPU Information screen:

screen-shot-2017-01-22-at-10-43-35-pm.png

Looks like I need to be able to update my CUDA driver to 5.0 - anyone know how to do this? When I check for updates NVIDIA panel tells me I have the most recent update.

Same here on macSierra 10.12.3 with GTX 750Ti and After Effects CC 2017.

Any solution?

After adding my GTX 750 Ti on raytracer_supported_cards.txt, After Effets still not recognizing.
I had the alternative nvidia drive installed. I figure out that the cuda drive was missing.

Now is working.

So I have a gtx 1080 and Downloaded the Cuda drivers, it shows up in adobe after effects, and I enable gpu and check the box to run unsupported graphics card. I mostly use Premiere though. Running the gpu sniffer in premiere directory recognizes the GTX 1080, however when I use effects that require a lot of power, like warp stabilizer, I don't feel that its taking effect.

Also I can't seem to find in my directory tree anywhere a file named raytracer_supported_cards.txt or cuda_supported_cards.txt . They should already be in there correct? I shouldn't have to make them?

So strange that AE seems to recognize the card in the preview setting, but Premiere appears to not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back