Contribute
Register

ACPI Dynamic OEM table load error/Waiting for DSMOS/Horrible performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a rule that almost always applies that, if you can boot the installer, you can boot the installed Mac OS X as well. Yet, the installer boots and the installed OS gets stuck without -x . So, something that is added creates this. The thread quoted at the beginning suggest a video card issue. The video card is older then the rest of the components, the installer needs for sure less hardware resources then the installed os, surely there are more processes at work. Perhaps, according to the system definition, High Sierra expects a certain type of Nvidia video card, and the video card is physicly less capable. It can handle the installer, since there less processes at work, but not the fully installed macOS.
Or, perhaps, altough unlikely, since booting the installer is possible, it may be a DSMOS issue, since the error accurs somewhere in between "Waiting for DSMOS" and "DSMOS has arrived". Anyway, if it is DDST, that will be the worse situation in all the three.

Last edited:
There is a rule that almost always applies that, if you can boot the installer, you can boot the installed Mac OS X as well. Yet, the installer boots and the installed OS gets stuck without -x . So, something that is added creates this. The thread quoted at the beginning suggest a video card issue. The video card is older then the rest of the components, the installer needs for sure less hardware resources then the installed os, surely there are more processes at work. Perhaps, according to the system definition, High Sierra expects a certain type of Nvidia video card, and the video card is physicly less capable. It can handle the installer, since there less processes at work, but not the fully installed macOS.
Or, perhaps, altough unlikely, since booting the installer is possible, it may be a DSMOS issue, since the error accurs somewhere in between "Waiting for DSMOS" and "DSMOS has arrived". Anyway, if it is DDST, that will be the worse situation in all the three.
Installed Beta 2 of High Sierra, with latest Clover and Inject Intel. As in Beta 1, the installer booted fine. Finished the install, but on the first boot of the installed OS it jammed into ”Waiting for DSMOS”. Most likely it is the same issue I had in Beta 1, a DSMOS issue, I suspected back then. Tried to boot with -x, I managed to get into the welcome screen, but it took much slower then Beta 1 to log on, I reseted the PC, to shut it down. I have saved the Preboot log file. It seems strange that on the installer it works and on the installed os it does not. Perhaps it is, still, the video card.

Attachments

• preboot.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 69
Why are you injecting intel graphics with an Nvidia card?
Code:
100:357  0:084  === [ RestSetup macOS ] ===================================
103:611  3:253  NVidia GFX injection not set
Use only the Realtek ethernet kext for your Realtek ethernet
Code:
3:700  0:000  PCI (00|02:00.00) : 10EC 8168 class=020000
3:700  0:000   - LAN: 0 Vendor=Realtek
104:391  0:084    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\ALXEthernet.kext
104:820  0:235    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleIntelE1000e.kext
104:979  0:158    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
105:780  0:116    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\IntelMausiEthernet.kext

Why are you injecting intel graphics with an Nvidia card?
Code:
100:357  0:084  === [ RestSetup macOS ] ===================================
103:611  3:253  NVidia GFX injection not set
Use only the Realtek ethernet kext for your Realtek ethernet
Code:
3:700  0:000  PCI (00|02:00.00) : 10EC 8168 class=020000
3:700  0:000   - LAN: 0 Vendor=Realtek
104:391  0:084    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\ALXEthernet.kext
104:820  0:235    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleIntelE1000e.kext
104:979  0:158    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
105:780  0:116    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\IntelMausiEthernet.kext
I know the CPU also had on-board CPU, this is why I left the default Inject Intel. Besides that, I was not sure if modifing the plist to Inject Intel False and Inject Nvidia True would be enough. If am able to boot even on -x, that means, I guess, on-board Intel exists, beside Nvidia. And that Intel Graphics may be even better then the Nvidia GPU, being newer. Of course the monitor cable goes through Nvidia, since no other video port exists. I copy-pasted all the ethernet kexts in a hurry, I did that in the past and no serious issues happend. Shall remove them?

I know the CPU also had on-board CPU, this is why I left the default Inject Intel. Besides that, I was not sure if modifing the plist to Inject Intel False and Inject Nvidia True would be enough. If am able to boot even on -x, that means, I guess, on-board Intel exists, beside Nvidia. And that Intel Graphics may be even better then the Nvidia GPU, being newer. Of course the monitor cable goes through Nvidia, since no other video port exists. I copy-pasted all the ethernet kexts in a hurry, I did that in the past and no serious issues happend. Shall remove them?
Intel GMA 950 graphics is no longer supported on modern macOS. You should use Nvidia injection as that is what you are using. Only use third party extensions that you need. If you are not using PS/2 remove Voodoo PS/2. Same for all extensions you don't need. But i think the problem here could be graphics not working hence the login screen never appears.

Intel GMA 950 graphics is no longer supported on modern macOS. You should use Nvidia injection as that is what you are using. Only use third party extensions that you need. If you are not using PS/2 remove Voodoo PS/2. Same for all extensions you don't need. But i think the problem here could be graphics not working hence the login screen never appears.
I use PS/2. I have removed all kexts except for FakeSMC, NullCPUManagement and RealtekRTL and VoodooPS2. If I search on Inject Intel and replace true with false and on Inject Nvidia false to true manually, only on the section, with TextEdit, I assume is enough. I do not think Clover Configurator or something are required. Or shall I use Multibeast to Inject Nvidia on the pen drive?
If Intel Graphics it is not supported in macOS Sierra or High Sierra, why I was able to boot the installer with it or the installed OS with -x, having it enabled? I was not suppose to work at all.
On installation, I did something different. You can no longer choose on install between GPT or MBR. On Sierra, on reinstalling, I first erased the hard drive from GPT to MBR with Fat32, and then re-create Macintosh HD on GPT on HFS+, in order to erase any trace of the previous Clover installed in the EFI partition. On High Sierra, I can no longer do that on Disk Utility. So, on Beta 2, I have erased the partition with Fat32, then with HFS+, hoping this will erase the previous Clover installed in the EFI partition. I do not know if this made a difference.

Last edited:
Booted again without the extra kexts, once with Inject Intel as in the config, second time with Inject Nvidia, selected on Clover. Tried to browse the web via Safari, from the booted installation drive and I have got the same error. Many sited do not work, including the Apple website. Some, like Google or Tonymacx86 work, but they bring black elements where they were not suppose to be present.

If Intel Graphics it is not supported in macOS Sierra or High Sierra, why I was able to boot the installer with it or the installed OS with -x
Nvidia card in VESA mode, only available display?
once with Inject Intel
You can do this as many times as you like...
Tried to browse the web via Safari, from the booted installation drive
Which installation? Safe boot -x?

You shouldn't use Text Edit for .plist editing - it has formatting issues and you may run into problems. You can use any text editor that is designed to edit code.

On installation, I did something different. You can no longer choose on install between GPT or MBR. On Sierra, on reinstalling, I first erased the hard drive from GPT to MBR with Fat32, and then re-create Macintosh HD on GPT on HFS+, in order to erase any trace of the previous Clover installed in the EFI partition. On High Sierra, I can no longer do that on Disk Utility. So, on Beta 2, I have erased the partition with Fat32, then with HFS+, hoping this will erase the previous Clover installed in the EFI partition. I do not know if this made a difference.
You can remove Clover from the EFI partition (or any location) by dragging the CLOVER folder to the trash and emptying trash. This will erase your previous configuration, and that is all you have to do if it was installed for UEFI. If it was installed for legacy booting 'boot0' will remain in the MBR (and will be un-bootable without the files you deleted, BIOS however will try to boot from it). After deleting you can re-install, the MBR will be overwritten.

You can remove Clover from the EFI partition (or any location) by dragging the CLOVER folder to the trash and emptying trash. This will erase your previous configuration, and that is all you have to do if it was installed for UEFI. If it was installed for legacy booting 'boot0' will remain in the MBR (and will be un-bootable without the files you deleted, BIOS however will try to boot from it). After deleting you can re-install, the MBR will be overwritten.
It is on Legacy Mode, not UEFI mode. I can not access, of course, the contents of the EFI partition from the booted macOS installer, that is limited to a few utilities, as you know. Perhaps to mount the EFI portion from Sierra, before reinstalling, and drag the Clover folder to trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back