Contribute
Register

ACPI Dynamic OEM table load error/Waiting for DSMOS/Horrible performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
After running the final High Sierra, I can note two issues that persist since beta period.
1. I can not install Realtek Ethernet kext alongside FakeSMC and sensors. I can only place FakeSMC and Realtek Ethernet kexts on the EFI partion, on the kext folder.
2. Shutdown issue, if I try to shut down the machine, it gets stuck just before finalising shut down, on CPU Halted (if offline) or Realtek Link down on end (if online). It does not get stuck always, but I really can not fiind a full predictable pattern. I rebooted once being logged in, then several times without logging in, to be able to shut down, but sometimes, even after 5 reboots, it still refuses to shut down, once I press Shut Down instead of Reboot. I have reinstalled the os after each shut down block, being afraid it was affected by the force shutdown (Perhaps this is too extreme, problably the hard drives are allready unmounted, I guess). I even open the PC physicly and use a ventilator, to cool it down, in case CPU overheating creates this or at least makes it worst.
Theese issues and the ones from the beta period suggest a DDST problem. I have looked in the DDST section of this board, could not fiind anything for my motherboard. Creating my own patch is beyond my current expertise. Perhaps the old NVIDIA graphicsc card on the newer Asus motherboard causes this. Maybe someone has an idea, or a link to a proper patched DDST for this motherboard, altough things like kind of gloomy, now. But hope dies last.

After running the final High Sierra, I can note two issues that persist since beta period.
1. I can not install Realtek Ethernet kext alongside FakeSMC and sensors. I can only place FakeSMC and Realtek Ethernet kexts on the EFI partion, on the kext folder.
2. Shutdown issue, if I try to shut down the machine, it gets stuck just before finalising shut down, on CPU Halted (if offline) or Realtek Link down on end (if online). It does not get stuck always, but I really can not fiind a full predictable pattern. I rebooted once being logged in, then several times without logging in, to be able to shut down, but sometimes, even after 5 reboots, it still refuses to shut down, once I press Shut Down instead of Reboot. I have reinstalled the os after each shut down block, being afraid it was affected by the force shutdown (Perhaps this is too extreme, problably the hard drives are allready unmounted, I guess). I even open the PC physicly and use a ventilator, to cool it down, in case CPU overheating creates this or at least makes it worst.
Theese issues and the ones from the beta period suggest a DDST problem. I have looked in the DDST section of this board, could not fiind anything for my motherboard. Creating my own patch is beyond my current expertise. Perhaps the old NVIDIA graphicsc card on the newer Asus motherboard causes this. Maybe someone has an idea, or a link to a proper patched DDST for this motherboard, altough things like kind of gloomy, now. But hope dies last.

DSDT btw.

IntelMausi kext instead of your current driver. Make sure there are no duplicate HWsensors plugins/FakeSMC inside the actual HWSensors kext (using show contents), of there are delete the ones outside, not inside. This is due to new versions moving the location of the files. There may also be duplicates in your EFI partition/folder. This will cause issues if any of them or the plugins are different versions. Also do not use the mobo temp sensors until you have a 100% system as they can hide/cause issues.

Finally try OpenHaltRestart with your shutdown problem. I believe there is a 64bit version and it's not often needed anymore but it might be the ticket.

Regarding the HWsensors issue, I am using now FakeSMC and the plugins into the EFI partition on Clover. I can use sensors.
I have not patched DSDT, I am not that advanced. Eversince the 10.13.4 the shutdown issue was reduced, but not eliminated. My motherboard has some issues on certain reboots, recently I have tried, from time to time, to unplug the machine from the power plug for at least 20 seconds, to make the mb return to a default. This idea was actually given by an Apple guide about reseting SMC. In the past, I was unplugging the PC were often from the power source, that cause and early death for my mb back then, now I see I need to do that from time to time, but not often.
How do you suggest to approach OpenHaltRestart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back