Motherboard
HP Elitebook 8470p-Clover
CPU
i5-3320M
Graphics
HD 4000, 1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi! I am currently trying out Acidanthera's VoodooPS2 which includes support for Magic Trackpad 2 emulation on a standard PS/2 trackpad. I am mainly trying this out because the new features seem very appealing, such as Force Touch emulation, three finger tap, rotation etc. When I installed it on my EliteBook 8470p (as a replacement for RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller), the trackpad was very sensitive and two-finger gestures like scrolling didn't work.

Is there a way to fix this while keeping the Magic Trackpad emulation feature? Or is this kext not ready for widespread use yet?

Hi! I am currently trying out Acidanthera's VoodooPS2 which includes support for Magic Trackpad 2 emulation on a standard PS/2 trackpad. I am mainly trying this out because the new features seem very appealing, such as Force Touch emulation, three finger tap, rotation etc. When I installed it on my EliteBook 8470p (as a replacement for RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller), the trackpad was very sensitive and two-finger gestures like scrolling didn't work.

Is there a way to fix this while keeping the Magic Trackpad emulation feature? Or is this kext not ready for widespread use yet?

I switched to this fork of VoodooPS2 a few weeks ago and it has been working fabulously. My laptop has Synaptic ClickPad and, at long last, it finally feels and behaves extremely similarly to the trackpads on MacBooks.

I know that on the page you linked to, it says Force Touch emulation can be configured in Info.plist, but I never found where in the Info.plist the mode can be set. So, I just use the kext at its default settings, but the default settings, in my opinion, are pretty close to perfect.

Here are my System Preferences > Trackpad settings:
Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 1.12.41 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-04 at 1.12.50 AM.png

@NathanielSorochan,

I also switched to the acidanthera fork of VoodooPS2 in the last few months and have had great success with it. tracking and scrolling is much more responsive and most of the gestures that did not work with rehabman's version (eg pinch zoom, smart zoom, ..etc) now work.

Admittedly i had a few issues with it to begin with, mainly with two finger tap/click not working and some issues with sleep/wake. I reported the issues on the acidanthera bugtracker and a fix was soon implemented by the team.

If your having issues I suggest you report them here :-

The team is busy with many projects so give them time to look into it ...

Cheers
Jay

Thanks for your help. I will submit some bug reports and keep my fingers crossed.

Version 2.0.2 is working for me. I built through hackintool version 2.0.3 with xcode but it didn't work. Finally I reinstall version 2.0.2 back again...

Today I built again version 2.0.3 with Hackintool and it didn't work. Then I downloaded the prebuilt 2.0.3 and it worked. I wonder if hackintool is the problem... I like to build the latest kexts with hackintool but this one is not working for some reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back