Contribute
Register

Acer Predator G9-792: kernel panic, can't boot installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which device does disk0 and disk1, as seen in diskutil list output, correspond to?
As this article said, this laptop has two M.2 80 mm NVMe SSDs and 2.5″ HDD. So I believe disk0 and disk1 are the SSDs, they add up to a total of 512GB, match with what acer put on their website.

Good news for predators!

After changing to Sierra installer, the EFI I uploaded worked perfectly. 2 SSDs and 1 HDD appeared and can be erased to install OS. I don't know what went wrong for the High Sierra, maybe the new Apple File System needs to be fine tuned somewhere. But as long as Sierra works, I decide to stay with it!

IMG_0591.png

As this article said, this laptop has two M.2 80 mm NVMe SSDs and 2.5″ HDD. So I believe disk0 and disk1 are the SSDs, they add up to a total of 512GB, match with what acer put on their website.

Then there is nothing wrong with recognizing the drives...
Maybe you just needed to use the "View" menu in Disk Utility. Or you could have partitioned the drives in Terminal.

Good news for predators!

After changing to Sierra installer, the EFI I uploaded worked perfectly. 2 SSDs and 1 HDD appeared and can be erased to install OS. I don't know what went wrong for the High Sierra, maybe the new Apple File System needs to be fine tuned somewhere. But as long as Sierra works, I decide to stay with it!

View attachment 317144
hello, can you please give me your clover archive? i have acer predator G9-793

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back