1.6 MB · Views: 177
  • EFI and panic pic.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 78
Added unsupported sata kext and panic is a bit different as posted below

Attachments

• IMG_20170831_145345_1.jpg
    IMG_20170831_145345_1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 106
Help needed - can't boot 10.12.5 installer on G9-792 (skylake, 6700HQ, GF 965)

It won't load at all with the default recomended set of drivers saying can not allocate blah blah as described here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/acer-predator-17-g9-791-79y3-gaming-laptop.201216/

Tried different configurations, recent recomended plist etc. All I was able to achieve is it atleast goes to panic.
Please advice.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

I'm getting kernel panic on installer boot. I've followed those guides, I've added chipset / model into profile. Its seems its USB related. I've tried different configurations and attached couple of them. It seems the issue is USB-related (see last pic). Which files do I need to attach else in this particular case?

The only branch on this forum about the predator g9 has no particular recomendations on booting it.

I'm getting kernel panic on installer boot. I've followed those guides, I've added chipset / model into profile. Its seems its USB related. I've tried different configurations and attached couple of them. It seems the issue is USB-related (see last pic). Which files do I need to attach else in this particular case?

The only branch on this forum about the predator g9 has no particular recomendations on booting it.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Here it is - F2 and F4 pressed in clover, pic of the panic, I'm not sure if I'm missing anything now.

The problem is: unable to boot the installer (10.12.5).

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 85
  • P_20170908_215257.jpg
    P_20170908_215257.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 121
Here it is - F2 and F4 pressed in clover, pic of the panic, I'm not sure if I'm missing anything now.

The problem is: unable to boot the installer (10.12.5).

Your config.plist is not up-to-date with respect to the current guide github project.
I disabled the EC0->EC patch as it can cause problems when you have ECDT (which you do... look in ACPI/origin).
You should try without that patch.

Also, you will probably need to drop SSDT-2.aml.
There is an attempt to drop that table automatically with DropTables, but in your case the OEM decided not to use unique identifiers for each table.

No dice.
-replaced the plist with the fresh one
Still completely the same stack trace.

And again no dice and completely the same stack trace after removing SSDT-2.aml

:( What acer did to that model? NV7-792 h/w as well as G9-791 reported to work just fine while its very simmiliar.

Should I try recent 10.13 or that's not something that will work?

Last edited:
No dice.
-replaced the plist with the fresh one
Still completely the same stack trace.

And again no dice and completely the same stack trace after removing SSDT-2.aml

:( What acer did to that model? NV7-792 h/w as well as G9-791 reported to work just fine while its very simmiliar.

Should I try recent 10.13 or that's not something that will work?

Did you drop the SSDT I mentioned?
You cannot drop it by removing it from ACPI/origin.

Did you drop the SSDT I mentioned?
You cannot drop it by removing it from ACPI/origin.

How to do that? I'm noob and google is unable to help me with that. In clover configurator I see an option to drop table but not sure how to use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back