Contribute
Register

acer iconia w700

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rehabman, Can you help me how to create a dsdt for my acer w700? So I'm using the guide from Surface Pro but I just cant boot the OSX but I am able to get to the clover boot menu. One of the guys says I might need to patch my own dsdt, I'm to noob to create one. I read your guide and downloaded the application. Can you guide me? I'm assuming I need to install osx in legacy mode on my acer w700 (I do have ML on my HP Probook) and just ran that? Thanks in advanced

Generally you patch DSDT to fix specific things that aren't working. What are you trying to fix?

OS X is not really installed legacy vs. EFI ... to OS X it is always running EFI thanks to Clover providing "real" EFI and/or Chameleon providing emulated EFI...

Usually for installation, you can get it to work trying a boot flags, or removing graphics kexts. Have you tried "-x" and/or removing graphics kexts. What does "-v" show?

Thank you, ill try it. I'm thinking of installing osx in legacy and extract dsdt then recreate the clove with the dsdt patch. So in order for me to install windows uefi I need to boot Linux OE Mac in external drive?

Anyone else working on installing osx on Acer w700 using clover? Please chime in

Hi,

I can run OSX with the Unibeast USB stick but not able to run OSX directly. I have tried to hundreds of different config in Multibeast but not able to get it work.
Can you share your Multibeast config with us?

Thanks!

rgds,
RLPC8

I chose chimera, fakesmc, and something else. But the two I mentioned should able you to boot without the installer.

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting on forums, but I'm glad I found this site and its wealth of resources! I am about to take the first steps in converting my Acer W700 with core i5 into a ultra mobile hackintosh.

I am just wondering where everyone is up to? I was thinking of using the clover bootloader as I have seen many success stories with it being used on the Microsoft surface pro, which is essentially identical in hardware (almost). I was then planning on manually finding the kext's online or running multibeast. My first question is can I even run multibeast if I have chosen to use clover v2 as the bootloader? I assumed I would as I think the post-install process is different from bootloading?

My second question is that I can live without sound and wifi but would need Bluetooth so that the supplied keyboard would work. Also the touchscreen working would be a huge plus. What is the likelihood of accomplishing this (BT & Touch)?

Thanks for the help and for clarifying things for me, I hope I can get to a stage where i'm using the W700 as a mini mac with at least 50% functionality :).

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting on forums, but I'm glad I found this site and its wealth of resources! I am about to take the first steps in converting my Acer W700 with core i5 into a ultra mobile hackintosh.

I am just wondering where everyone is up to? I was thinking of using the clover bootloader as I have seen many success stories with it being used on the Microsoft surface pro, which is essentially identical in hardware (almost). I was then planning on manually finding the kext's online or running multibeast. My first question is can I even run multibeast if I have chosen to use clover v2 as the bootloader? I assumed I would as I think the post-install process is different from bootloading?

My second question is that I can live without sound and wifi but would need Bluetooth so that the supplied keyboard would work. Also the touchscreen working would be a huge plus. What is the likelihood of accomplishing this (BT & Touch)?

Thanks for the help and for clarifying things for me, I hope I can get to a stage where i'm using the W700 as a mini mac with at least 50% functionality :).

Right now I've only been successful using unibeast and then multibeast in legacy mode only. I'm trying to do clover but I'm having a hard time. If you are successful in clover let me know I want to that route so I can triple boot. Bluetooth sounds shows up in osx but for WiFi, I guess you can buy a usb WiFi.

Hi, I have an Acer Iconia dual touchscreen
characteristics are very similar to the 700

but I can not get to the installation screen

I left on the screen with the gray apple and spinning circle infinite

Hi, I have an Acer Iconia dual touchscreen
characteristics are very similar to the 700

but I can not get to the installation screen

I left on the screen with the gray apple and spinning circle infinite

Boot "-v" to diagnose (take a quality photo of the entire screen). Post your complete system details along laptop panel screen resolution. Please update your profile to contain detailed information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back