Contribute
Register

acer iconia w700

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phunkyguy: I will be sending my acer to get unlocked so i can get in to the bios. So i will be joining your efforts soon.
The wifi will most likely will never work its a UNSUPPORTED Broadcomm chipset. The BT should work after ACPI patch. As far as i know again Im not 100% sure but I think its ALC269. If you look through my thread on the samsung slate Alimone explains how to make your own HDA kext. Here is a link..i think the audio write up is around pages 60-70. Good luck

Wifi problem may be fixed by a micro wifi dongle which is cheap in the market. However, I am not sure whether we can activate the touch screen as what tusharppp mentioned before.

Hi to all.

Got installed 10.8.3 on my Acer W700 Tablet.

What works:
- Booting without flags like -f -x of -s fine.
- HD4000 Graphics native in 1080, without brigthness control
- USB 3.0
- Memory and CPU (4 threads) detected
- Sleep

What not working:
- Battery stats (will try to install battery kexts)
- Sound (VoodooHDA gives me sound indicator and HDMI+Headphones devices+Microphone, but no sound at all)
- TouchScreen (Some info later)
- Wifi
- Bluetooth

---
Touch screen, what we know about it... It has 10 finger "sensor", manufacturer is ELANTech. Funny thing, if we try to press screen, cursor stick to left-top corner, but if we press the screen with 9 fingers at one time and then press 10th finger - cursor moves near location of 10th finger. Touch screen is recognized in system as pointer device. Also system has "Ink Device" in System Preferences.

P.S. VoodooBattery don't work, got kernel panic with kext

Bluetooth present in SystemPrefs, but can't find any devices and not shows for other devices.

Sleep Works only with "Universal Sleep Enabler"

System running without using DSDT (just forget save it in windows)

P.P.S.

To install Mac OS you will need dock station or active USB 3.0 Hub, because you will need input devices (keyboard, mouse).

Hi... i would like to know how to triople boot my acer iconia w700... tried all methods and i am really pissed... first of all...
LEGACY OR UEFI BIOS?
I HAVE MY IMAGE IN UEFI MODE AND NO WAY TO START... BLACK SCREEN FROM THE VERY BEGINNING
IF I DO IT IN LEGACY BIOS GET STUCK ON APPLE BOOT LOGO, SWTARTS BUT A DASH APPEARS AND THAT'S THE END...
INSTALLING ORDER?
DO WE NEED PRE PARTITION OUR SSD?
I HAVE MANAGED EVEN VIRTUALISING MACOSX WITH HD RESOLUTION IN WINDOWS 8 IN LEGACY BIOS 64 BITS WITH OSX... BUT IMPOSSIBLE VIRTUALISING WHEN WINDOWS 8 IS INSTALLED IN UEFI MODE... PROBLEM WITH HOST OR PEERS TO CONNECT.... SO...
WHICH WAY?
THANKS... WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A GUIDE... IF I FINGD TWAY I WILL LET YOU KNOW... THANKS

Hi... i would like to know how to triople boot my acer iconia w700... tried all methods and i am really pissed... first of all...
LEGACY OR UEFI BIOS?
I HAVE MY IMAGE IN UEFI MODE AND NO WAY TO START... BLACK SCREEN FROM THE VERY BEGINNING
IF I DO IT IN LEGACY BIOS GET STUCK ON APPLE BOOT LOGO, SWTARTS BUT A DASH APPEARS AND THAT'S THE END...
INSTALLING ORDER?
DO WE NEED PRE PARTITION OUR SSD?
I HAVE MANAGED EVEN VIRTUALISING MACOSX WITH HD RESOLUTION IN WINDOWS 8 IN LEGACY BIOS 64 BITS WITH OSX... BUT IMPOSSIBLE VIRTUALISING WHEN WINDOWS 8 IS INSTALLED IN UEFI MODE... PROBLEM WITH HOST OR PEERS TO CONNECT.... SO...
WHICH WAY?
THANKS... WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A GUIDE... IF I FINGD TWAY I WILL LET YOU KNOW... THANKS

I know how you feel, so here. try this -v-x-f This worked for me, installing as I typed.

ok so I manage to get to OSX installation. I formatted the drive and made the following partitions

partition 1 OSX jornaled
Partition 2 Win8 FAT
Partition 3 Android FAT

with GUID.

I'm able to install osx but how do you install windows 8? do I install it in legacy or uefi. when I installed it in legacy the graphic is acting up. I cant even boot windows 8 installation cd in uefi, the oem restore cd's keep giving me an error to install it in legacy but it never works. Can someone help me how I can manage a working triple boot? Also can someone upload or post a link where I can download the touchscreen driver for OSX? Thanks in advanced

ok so I manage to get to OSX installation. I formatted the drive and made the following partitions

partition 1 OSX jornaled
Partition 2 Win8 FAT
Partition 3 Android FAT

with GUID.

I'm able to install osx but how do you install windows 8? do I install it in legacy or uefi. when I installed it in legacy the graphic is acting up. I cant even boot windows 8 installation cd in uefi, the oem restore cd's keep giving me an error to install it in legacy but it never works. Can someone help me how I can manage a working triple boot? Also can someone upload or post a link where I can download the touchscreen driver for OSX? Thanks in advanced

My suggestions:
- you must install Win8 in legacy mode to allow Chimera/Chameleon to boot it
- don't use OEM restore DVDs, use retail Win8

My suggestions:
- you must install Win8 in legacy mode to allow Chimera/Chameleon to boot it
- don't use OEM restore DVDs, use retail Win8

Thanks, is that the only way I can install the windows 8? I heard installing it in legacy have its disadvantages.
So should I install windows or osx first?

Thanks, is that the only way I can install the windows 8? I heard installing it in legacy have its disadvantages.
So should I install windows or osx first?

Just guessing but probably 90% of the installed base of Windows runs in legacy... I do not thing there are any serious disadvantages. We are talking about the 5-15 seconds (SSD, more for HDD...) you spend booting Windows here.

You can install in either order, but if you install Windows second, you have to re-install the boot loader, because Windows will replace it. Either way it is multi-step, since you must do the partitioning in OS X Disk Utility...

There is a dual-boot guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Just guessing but probably 90% of the installed base of Windows runs in legacy... I do not thing there are any serious disadvantages. We are talking about the 5-15 seconds (SSD, more for HDD...) you spend booting Windows here.

You can install in either order, but if you install Windows second, you have to re-install the boot loader, because Windows will replace it. Either way it is multi-step, since you must do the partitioning in OS X Disk Utility...

There is a dual-boot guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Thanks for your help. Now I just need to how to enable the touchscreen.

jC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back