Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-791G with Sierra (10.12.2) onboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is diagnostic data you'v requested.

By the way - our Sound is exactly the same. I checked diff of ubuntu outputs and there is not any at all!

I applied your patch to DSDT and installed kext from your u430 git repo. No luck with both ID 3 and 12.
DSDT patches: FIX IRQ and Layout ID 3. Should I enable\add any patches in CLOVER (see attachment in section KextsToPatch)?

P.S. VoodooHDA works with Injet 1 but sound is VERY low, I can't hear almost anything from headphones. It will be good to have HDMI audio, but is not mandatory at all.

Attachments

• diag-5.zip
    614.5 KB · Views: 66
  • CLOVER-5.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Here is diagnostic data you'v requested.

By the way - our Sound is exactly the same. I checked diff of ubuntu outputs and there is not any at all!

I applied your patch to DSDT and installed kext from your u430 git repo. No luck with both ID 3 and 12.
DSDT patches: FIX IRQ and Layout ID 3. Should I enable\add any patches in CLOVER (see attachment in section KextsToPatch)?

P.S. VoodooHDA works with Injet 1 but sound is VERY low, I can't hear almost anything from headphones. It will be good to have HDMI audio, but is not mandatory at all.

You have AppleHDADisabler.kext installed. If you are trying to get patched AppleHDA working, no chance with that kext installed. As you can imagine from the name, its purpose is to prevent AppleHDA from loading.

I don't see any "pci bridge issue" you referred to earlier.

AppleHDADisabler.kext
Yep! I figured that out just a minute ago. I think it was from previous attempts. And I was wondering why status is Disabled!. Ok, I removed it and now I have HDA device but no output\input. No sound.

I have 2 variants of patched DSDT both attached. The DSDT.aml is a current patched one, the DSDT-2.aml is my test one to which I applied less patches.

New drag attached as usual.

I don't see any "pci bridge issue" you referred to earlier.
There is no issue I just can see 2 devices in IOReg under PCI0 one is "pci8086,8c3a@16" and another is "pci8086,c04@0". 8c3a has AppleMEIDriver attached. Other has nothing.

Attachments

• diag-6.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 57
  • DSDT.aml
    62.6 KB · Views: 112
  • DSDT-2.aml
    62.4 KB · Views: 105
Yep! I figured that out just a minute ago. I think it was from previous attempts. And I was wondering why status is Disabled!. Ok, I removed it and now I have HDA device but no output\input. No sound.

I have 2 variants of patched DSDT both attached. The DSDT.aml is a current patched one, the DSDT-2.aml is my test one to which I applied less patches.

New drag attached as usual.

AppleHDAHCD_ALC283.kext should not be installed.
AppleHDA_ALC283.kext requires layout-id 3 (you are not using 3).

There is no issue I just can see 2 devices in IOReg under PCI0 one is "pci8086,8c3a@16" and another is "pci8086,c04@0". 8c3a has AppleMEIDriver attached. Other has nothing.

8086:8c3a is your Intel MEI device. You can add IMEI with an ACPI patch. It is working as-is nonetheless, but better to add the ACPI identity for it.

8086:0c04 is Intel DRAM controller. No action required that I know of...

AppleHDA_ALC283.kext requires layout-id 3
OK, sound is here and it is way louder than VooDooHDA, but yes - quality is a bit lower...

I manage to patch DSDT with only IRQ Fix, enable all 5 your patches in CLOVER and changed Devices/Audio/INJECT value to 3.

Regarding HDMI audio - should I enable patches from my config.plist for it to work or it will go as is? I do not have any HDMI device to test so that's why I'm asking.

So several things to fix:
  1. USB routing (I know this is in FAQ and I went across another guid http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...peed-usb-series-89-keeping-vanilla-sle/page-1 will figure that out)
  2. Sleep reboot (it seems I have kernel panic but have to dig it from syslog as LED is switched off by that time)
  3. Brightness control keys.

For #3 the issue is I can't figure out the way FN+F3 and FN+F12 are initialized. I do when across VooDoo's guide to it's PS2 driver but can't figure out what exact is generated upon key press. In Ubuntu LiveCD my current FN+arrow keys are working as expected. And for whatever reason FN+arrow keys for sound work under MacOS. Will dig it dipper and come back with my results.

Just figured out that my touchpad is recognized as a mouse. Is there a way it could be switched to Trackpad?

Just figured out that my touchpad is recognized as a mouse. Is there a way it could be switched to Trackpad?

Your ioreg shows no PS2 trackpad. Your trackpad is likely USB. Would require special drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back