Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire S3 w/ Mountain Lion dual boot (windows and ML)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer S3
CPU
Intel core i5
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
For those of you who have been dual booting with Lion and windows with an Acer S3 chipset, there was a great post in the archives about how to get it all done ... the forum rules prevent me from posting here, however if you do a search for Acer S3 WLAN lion, the 16 paged how-to-do will come up.

That being said this post is building on that. I just put mountain lion on my S3 its working almost perfectly using the chinese bootloading method (on page 4&5 of the archived thread) described in the archives mentioned above. Ran the sleepenabler.kext to get the sleep problem solved. Only remaining issues: SD support still a problem, the apple account seems to be working with facetime, but not with messages, anyone have an idea for a fix? Finally no support for gestures on the track pad. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

A couple other points about my install. For me EasyBCD didn't work at all, I only used the Chinese method. Also running an s3 with an established windows 7 section, I had to alter the Unibeast files in order to allow the installation to not reject the MBR file system - there's plunty of support for this out there just search mountain lion setup mbr (you have to replace the osinstall files and a couple kexts) all described if you do a simple search -- again you only have to worry about this if you're using one drive that is MBR.

Thanks for sharing!
I tried to install ML in the 20G SSD, following the chinese method, but I found two problems.

First time I install de ML it168.iso, it runs in verbose mode, but after replacing the it168.iso with the second one, I still start in verbose mode, and it takes long... It didn´t happend to me installing 10.7.3, and I followed the same procedure.

The other problem I have is that hibernation doesn´t work. I have used the kext from Lion 10.7.4, but when I close the lid, it doesn´t hibernate.

Can you help me?

So after I installed the sleepenabler.ktext file, restarted it solved the problem for me but you've said you tried that so I am not sure what may be going on. Please let me know if you figure this out. As for verbose, I dont have a solution for this, this is how it boots on my dual setup, I have no workaround for you on this part.

I solved my problems. I installed sleepenabler.kext and hibernation works perfect.

I edited it168.iso and removed the -v option and now boots fine.

Hello my friends I buy today Acer S3 ultrabook And I like to try install Mac osx
I can Pay something if sommebody helpme to install it.
I really don´t have idea how to do it.
were I can make download Software mac osx?
Wath I need to start install (DVD, USB stick, cd etc...)?
I need to download more files?
I need a real Mac to format USB STICK?

please.

Thank You
Gilberto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back