Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook WLAN and Bluetooth problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Just a note to say I'm now up and running with everything except WLAN as well.

Really just wanted to say a massive thanks to the contributions of Sr_JL (who takes contributions from the team @ it168). I am a complete n00b (I think the kids say) at this, and this forum has turned me from hack to hacker. Now I sit with baited breath (and Google Translate on the it168 page 16) to check when someone can come up with a solution/kext to the WLAN issue to date (that doesnt involve purchasing additional hardware :D ).

I will try to help any of those in this thread that are having troubles with either hackintosh or dual boot Win7 & MacOSX. Many late nights and many failed attempts makes it easier for me to explain! Help as you wish to be helped yourself.

And hailing from Sydney, 'ta mate' is used almost every single day!

Cheers

Dane.

jeff7612 said:
I have a problem on my S3, Facetime and the rest of Icloud is still not working I already tried the 3 possible options (also this website), but still not working. Can someone explain how to do it?

My system:

Acer Aspire S3, core I7, 240GB SSD, HD3000, usb wifi GW-USNano2G
Dual boot Mac OSX Lion 10.7.3 and Win7 Ultimate 64x

thanks in advance,

When you say, Facetime, do you mean the app will not load or the camera will not detect? If the app will not load, then I dare say you may have a corrupt copy of Lion or the updates haven't installed properly.

If its the camera, then you need to download the Acer Webcam solution.zip file uploaded to this forum earlier.

Good Luck!

dane_ryan said:
jeff7612 said:
I have a problem on my S3, Facetime and the rest of Icloud is still not working I already tried the 3 possible options (also this website), but still not working. Can someone explain how to do it?

My system:

Acer Aspire S3, core I7, 240GB SSD, HD3000, usb wifi GW-USNano2G
Dual boot Mac OSX Lion 10.7.3 and Win7 Ultimate 64x

thanks in advance,

When you say, Facetime, do you mean the app will not load or the camera will not detect? If the app will not load, then I dare say you may have a corrupt copy of Lion or the updates haven't installed properly.

The only problem I have is that I can not use my Apple ID, the rest is fully functional, all the updates are working, Camera and sound everything works, but I just can not use any Apple ID so Facetime, Icould, Itunes, Appstore all these programs I can start but no signing in.

If its the camera, then you need to download the Acer Webcam solution.zip file uploaded to this forum earlier.

Good Luck!

dane_ryan said:
Hi All,

Really just wanted to say a massive thanks to the contributions of Sr_JL (who takes contributions from the team @ it168). I am a complete n00b (I think the kids say) at this, and this forum has turned me from hack to hacker. Now I sit with baited breath (and Google Translate on the it168 page 16) to check when someone can come up with a solution/kext to the WLAN issue to date (that doesnt involve purchasing additional hardware :D ).

I will try to help any of those in this thread that are having troubles with either hackintosh or dual boot Win7 & MacOSX. Many late nights and many failed attempts makes it easier for me to explain! Help as you wish to be helped yourself.

Cheers

Dane.

I just found the it168 page, but thanks anyway. I solved the problem with the wlan buying a new minipci card. It´s really easy to replace and now it works perfect and it´s even airdrop is working.

I still can't Facetime or the other programs to work with my Apple Id or a new one, I tried the other solutions given on the other topics on this forum, but still is not working... So who knows how to solve it btw, I used the method based on the Chinese It168 website..

Skype is working perfect :)

jeff7612 said:
I still can't Facetime or the other programs to work with my Apple Id or a new one, I tried the other solutions given on the other topics on this forum, but still is not working... So who knows how to solve it btw, I used the method based on the Chinese It168 website..

if smbisot.plist not working, change your timezone on your location ;)

tutorial said:
jeff7612 said:

if smbisot.plist not working, change your timezone on your location ;)

timezone location?? I also have a Macbook Pro bought in japan, brought to holland, that one is working everywhere and I don't need to change the timezone or location, so can you explain me the relation between "smbios.plist" and location?

jeff7612 said:

I didn't do the chinese it168 on mine (gave up as I didn't like having an extra bootloader, plus I can't get it to work without repartitioning to MBR), and just did the Multibeast and Kext install (note: this is from my time machine backup of my first successful install, as I cannot duplicate the stuffs I did from scratch anymore,tried it thrice and will try some more later) but I recall that when I installed the Acer Crystal webcam.dmg, first thing I did was to check it on Facetime and it works ok...

Just jumped on eBay and purhased the Atheros ar9280, seriously a very cheap workaround, about US$9 I picked mine up for. Now we play the waiting game (for it to arrive).

It was about US$6 to get the USB Mini N adaptor, but for an extra US$3, rather have it look pretty (I know its not a huge cosmetic thing, as they do look tiny).

So I'm sure that now I have purchased, after I install and boot into my Hackintosh, that the team @ it168 will have found th work around kext to enable standard internal wireless.... watch this space!!!! :crazy:

dane_ryan said:
Hi All,

Cheers

Dane.

I renege on my statement about everything working fine. Don't know about anybody else, but randomly (more often then not actually), after the it168 boots me into MacOSX, my mouse becomes very scratchy, i.e. moving around trackpad goes from left to right, up and down, right clicks, copy and pastes, just very annoying. Has anybody experienced this with their Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back