Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook WLAN and Bluetooth problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sr_JL said:
khulit said:
[quote="Sr_JL":r43fni2l]I´m still experimenting, and I am a complete noob on hackintoshing.

I installed 10.7.3 using unibeast method, then i downloaded the first it_168 file at the chinese post. This file has an installer for windows (.bat) and basically install chameleon and some kext. After rebooting I had working both usb. Then I downloaded the second it_168 file, which is an iso file. I copied it over the prior it_168.iso file a c: and it booted faster and everything working again. The I downloaded and installed the S3 drivers file (AppleHDA269, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, AppleSmartBatteryManager)

I have everything working but the wlan. The trackpad is working just as a mouse, but both usb are working perfect and also hibernation.

So what you're saying is that you have a dual boot configuration, like OSX and Windows? and you installed OSX on first partition, and windows on a second partition, then ran the install.bat from Windows (after installing Lion 10.7.3) on the same machine, Rebooted, then went back to the Windows boot, ran the Install.bat (after overwriting the old it_168.iso file with the 2nd one), rebooted to OSX and then installed the 3 PKG files?

Right![/quote:r43fni2l]

Can't get it to work... I have OSX and Window 7, reinstalled (reformatted and install OSX) on first partition, after install I boot to my Windows 7, ran the install.bat, rebooted to OSX, (tried selecting the it_168 partition but complained about "cannot find /mach_kernel", so I selected the OSX partition), and I think it ran in verbose mode, and just waited for root device.. so I shutdown the laptop, selected Windows partition, overwrite the it_168.iso on the directory, ran install.bat, and rebooted... same problems after selecting OSX, just hanged waiting for root device...

khulit said:
Can't get it to work... I have OSX and Window 7, reinstalled (reformatted and install OSX) on first partition, after install I boot to my Windows 7, ran the install.bat, rebooted to OSX, (tried selecting the it_168 partition but complained about "cannot find /mach_kernel", so I selected the OSX partition), and I think it ran in verbose mode, and just waited for root device.. so I shutdown the laptop, selected Windows partition, overwrite the it_168.iso on the directory, ran install.bat, and rebooted... same problems after selecting OSX, just hanged waiting for root device...

Can´t remember well, but I think I just ran install.bat the first time. Then I just replaced the it_168.iso on root c:.

Sorry for the noobish question, I have followed the chinese method. All other stuff is working except my trackpad that acts like a mouse. Sr_JL how do you get the hibernate to work. I have tried using fn+f4 to sleep, screen goes blank and have problem waking up. Kindly advise. Thank you once again

Attachments

• Mountain_Lion_S3.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 87
tonystuck said:
Sorry for the noobish question, I have followed the chinese method. All other stuff is working except my trackpad that acts like a mouse. Sr_JL how do you get the hibernate to work. I have tried using fn+f4 to sleep, screen goes blank and have problem waking up. Kindly advise. Thank you once again

I did nothing special. If I close the netbook, it hibernates. And when I open it, it awakes very fast, thats all...

Sr_JL said:
Can´t remember well, but I think I just ran install.bat the first time. Then I just replaced the it_168.iso on root c:.

I can't get it to work, I probably missed something... anyway, gave up and just restored my previous setup, where everything works except for hibernate and WIFI/BT... and where it's using chimera as boot loader and no ugly Win 7 text boot loader menu...

khulit said:
Sr_JL said:

I can't get it to work, I probably missed something... anyway, gave up and just restored my previous setup, where everything works except for hibernate and WIFI/BT... and where it's using chimera as boot loader and no ugly Win 7 text boot loader menu...

Do not give up man, this whole day I was busy with installing a dual boot, and now it is finally working, ofcourse the wifi in lion 10.7.3 is not working but the rest is working.

step 1: I erased the whole SSD, made 2 partitions on it used MBR partition table, the first partition I named it Lion and the second partition Win7.

step 2: Used an external dvd player to install win7 64 bit ultimate

step 3: Used unibeast to create the bootable Lion install on USB stick (with modified install dmg for installing Mac Osx Lion on a MBR partition)

step 4: Install Lion on the first partition.

step 5: In win7 install easybcd 2.1.2

step 6: use the first_168. file (installer.bat) as administrator

step 7: boot in lion

step 8: install the the 3 zip files with the drivers (acer_s3_drivers.zip)

step 9: restart in win7 again

step 10: use easybcd to remove the entry from the 168 boot

step 11: use the uninstaller in it 168. map

replace the first iso with the second one and reinstall again

step 12: restart the laptop in lion and now everything is working :)

Is it mandatory to use MBR? I have mine as GPT....

I have a problem on my S3, Facetime and the rest of Icloud is still not working I already tried the 3 possible options (also this website), but still not working. Can someone explain how to do it?

My system:

Acer Aspire S3, core I7, 240GB SSD, HD3000, usb wifi GW-USNano2G
Dual boot Mac OSX Lion 10.7.3 and Win7 Ultimate 64x

thanks in advance,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back