Register

Acer Aspire S3 or ASUS ZENBOOK™ UX31

Status
Not open for further replies.
kleinishere said:
mind_bomb1 said:
Asus Zenbook UX31 Discussion moved here:

viewtopic.php?f=170&t=49800

Signed up to check out this thread but I keep getting the error that I'm unauthorized or the content has been deleted.

Can someone please advise as to how this can be accessed?

Thanks!

kleinishere
Looks like the thread has been deleted.
Not sure what the deal is, but there were hardware issues that seemed insurmountable. No driver for the wifi, etc.

zoson said:
Not sure what the deal is, but there were hardware issues that seemed insurmountable. No driver for the wifi, etc.

Maybe just change the wifi card. I always changed the wifi card on my hackbooks to an atheros wifi card. They are cheap and supported otb.

zoson said:
kleinishere said:
mind_bomb1 said:

Signed up to check out this thread but I keep getting the error that I'm unauthorized or the content has been deleted.

Can someone please advise as to how this can be accessed?

Thanks!

kleinishere
Looks like the thread has been deleted.

The thread was deleted becaused some pple didn't respect the forum rules and started posting about modified OS X distributions..

The hardware problems remain : no internal Wifi and BT and the wifi card is NOT standard so it's impossible to find a replacement.

Also, the USB3 chip is by Fresco Logic so again, no USB3 and you only get 1 usable USB port. The trackpad has no multitouch driver so it's kinda useless as well.

I say, pass on the UX31E if possible and get the UX31A which solves all the above problems. USB3 is Intel so it's fully supported and the wifi card is standard Mini PCIe so it can easilly be swapped out for something compatible with OS X. + you get a super freaking nice 1080P IPS screen.

Adi

Does anyone know if Zenbook ux32vd (with i7) could be made into hackintosh?

Keppada said:
Does anyone know if Zenbook ux32vd (with i7) could be made into hackintosh?

Since it's most likely optimus based, you will never get proper resolution support unless there is a BIOS option to completely disable one of the video cards.

Adi

The thread was deleted becaused some pple didn't respect the forum rules and started posting about modified OS X distributions..

The hardware problems remain : no internal Wifi and BT and the wifi card is NOT standard so it's impossible to find a replacement.

Also, the USB3 chip is by Fresco Logic so again, no USB3 and you only get 1 usable USB port. The trackpad has no multitouch driver so it's kinda useless as well.

I say, pass on the UX31E if possible and get the UX31A which solves all the above problems. USB3 is Intel so it's fully supported and the wifi card is standard Mini PCIe so it can easilly be swapped out for something compatible with OS X. + you get a super freaking nice 1080P IPS screen.

Adi

Yeah, I plan on getting the UX31A and trying out Multibeast on it, but how does one swap out its wifi card? By opening it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back